Riesentöter Forums
NJMS Thunderbolt weekend - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: NJMS Thunderbolt weekend (/showthread.php?tid=1410)

Pages: 1 2 3

- betegh9 - 10-20-2008

Thanks to all that worked hard to make this DE a success! You have done a great job on a new venue. It was good to see my friends from AX as well as the track junkies. CoolCool

My only disapointment was that I looked high and low for "the Deerhunter"...................... and nowhere to be found.Confusedhock:Big GrinBig Grin

- John_Janick - 10-21-2008

I'd like to throw in my thanks as well...another great event with the RTR guys!

- ToddPhilly - 10-21-2008

My thanks to those who ran the event as well.  Great job.  Had a fantastic, fun, safe weekend. 

Now the wait until VIR in March...

- John_Janick - 10-21-2008

This is good...lets keep the BMW showing strong out there!

ToddPhilly wrote:
Quote:My thanks to those who ran the event as well. Great job. Had a fantastic, fun, safe weekend.

Now the wait until VIR in March...

- ToddPhilly - 10-21-2008

I'm really happy with how well my car performed at the track this year.  Though I found a way to set part of my brakes on fire this past weekend.  Some rubber seal that surrounds my brake front pistons got too hot, was smoking, and is now toast.  Other than that, car ran great.  However, I hope to be out there in a Porsche by this time next year.  Just need to see if my wife (and the economy) agrees...

- scwaters - 10-21-2008

This was my third event with RTR and the end of my first season.  When I first went to a 'not just for new members breakfast' I had the good fortune to sit with Marty and walked away convinced that DE was something I wanted to try.  After WG, Summit (w/bad patches) and ending with Thunderbolt I am truly addicted.

A young woman (promoted to Blue at TB) who has been to the same events, when asked if she was going to do any more events this year, responded that she feels safe at the RTR events and enjoys the people, so no she wanted only to due RTR events.

She could not have been more correct.  I feel fortunate to be introduced to DE in RTR as the instructors are helpfull and understanding (Thank you Carol and David) and the people are welcoming and freindly.  I have made several 'track' freinds in the short time I have participated and look forward to next season.

- fasthonda - 10-21-2008

hi guys!

i LOVE that Thunderbolt track!!!!!!   that was my first time there, and by the end of the first rungroup, i was grinning from ear to ear!  (thanks to darren mingis for riding with me and showing me around the first red session on friday!).   the track is challenging, with slow sections, technical sections, and BALLSY sections!!!!   Cool

i thoroughly enjoyed all of friday;  the honda ran well, and friday night/sat morning i wrote a few more fuel maps for it, and loaded them up; tested them in the paddock (driving very slowly);  picked out the best running map, and went out for the first red rungroup sat morning -- and the car felt AWESOME!  i was thinking to myself 'this is the best by FAR that this little honda civic has ever run'!!!!   right up til my left rear hub sheared off and the wheel left the car, with the brakes still attached to it!  Confusedhock:  the ensuing crash into the armco in T12/T13 was entertaining (i had the chance to see my wheel pass me on the straightaway just before i impacted;  how many folks can say they saw that??).   the safety gear worked well (rollcage, race seat, seatback brace, 6 point belts) and i am no worse for the wear, save for a slightly stiff neck and back....   

the honda will return!   its just in need of some suspension fixin', and a door, and rear glass, and quarter panel, and taillight, and maybe a few more things.....  don't worry, you guys will see it again (coming up fast in your rear view mirrors!  ha ha!  Smile  )

i can't wait to drive Lightning (for the first time), and Thunderbolt again!

good job RTR;  i attend alot of events, put on by alot of different groups;  i always enjoy RTR's the most!

todd

- ADCooperS - 10-21-2008

scwaters wrote:
Quote:A young woman (promoted to Blue at TB) who has been to the same events, when asked if she was going to do any more events this year, responded that she feels safe at the RTR events and enjoys the people, so no she wanted only to due RTR events.
Is that you Sonny? If so, you are quoting me! It just seems that from what I hear, the RTR events are above and beyond the events of the other regions... from the safeness, to the people, to the instruction, everything is great!

- jahwerx - 10-21-2008

ToddPhilly wrote:
Quote:I'm really happy with how well my car performed at the track this year. Though I found a way to set part of my brakes on fire this past weekend. Some rubber seal that surrounds my brake front pistons got too hot, was smoking, and is now toast. Other than that, car ran great. However, I hope to be out there in a Porsche by this time next year. Just need to see if my wife (and the economy) agrees...

Todd - You totally SAVED my Sunday (sunday sunday . . . raceday). Thanks again for those brake pads! Again, if the dealer gives you any s**t, just PM me, and I'll take care of it!

Also thanks to Tom Catalano (NNJ PCA - sorry if I terrified you Wink ), Mark Reynolds, Darren Mingis for such great instruction.

Cheers, Josh

- delanckc - 10-21-2008

I love this track!  High speed and technical parts in one track.  Decent weather for three straight days (a bit cool/overcast on Saturday).  Registration, instruction and camaraderie were top notch as always. 

Was anyone taking pictures?

Kevin