Riesentöter Forums
Who rents parking for enclosed trailers? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Who rents parking for enclosed trailers? (/showthread.php?tid=1482)

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-21-2008

Before I commit to a larger gate and landscaping, just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of trailer parking space. The proposed trailer (subject to further stock market collapse) would be about 28' from tip to tail and I'd need open access. Security is a plus.

Thanks!

- ccm911 - 11-21-2008

Most of the Self-Storage businesses lease spots for trailers.  Well worth the money to not have an ugly trailer in the yard. Big Grin

I have a spot for the trailer that would be pretty well hidden from view, but it would cost a bit to make it accessible.

The Public Storage chain has trailer parking only for a 21' trailer, and only in Montgomeryville, about 15 miles away. I'll ask around in the area, but I'm not too hopeful, and then I do have to think about security if I'm storing a car in the trailer, too.

- George3 - 11-21-2008

Chris,

I used to have a storage place and we never imposed a limit to trailer size.  Generally, the outdoor spots were priced according to a range of size, i.e. 10x20= $39 / 10x30= $49 / 10x40= $59, etc. 

What you want to inquire with them, is their insurance coverage on your trailer in the event of damage by the snow plowing contractor.  I had a similar situation one time, however, had an honorable and insured snow plowing contractor, so it worked out fine in the end. 

The other thing you may want to do is walk or drive the storage property to find an isolated spot not in the way of other vehicular traffic.  Just my .02 cents.

Thanks, George. I'll have to take some time to drive around and find some of these spots. The problem of living in the city!

- catchacab - 11-21-2008

Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Thanks, George. I'll have to take some time to drive around and find some of these spots. The problem of living in the city!

Chris,

Come and move out to the country! Grow a mullet, wear a greasy CAT cap, buy an old Ford Pickup with a shot gun rack in the rear and a confederate flag for the front tag. The air is fresh (as long as you don't mind the smell from the dairy farm). Most importantly, trailer parking is close by. Big Grin

Been there, done that. Did 18 years hard time in South Dakota, a very red state. Even attended a John Birch Society meeting.

- George3 - 11-21-2008

Chris,
While driving around, keep an eye out for the large overhead doors of commercial buildings.  With many businesses slowing everywhere, maybe you could get an indoor spot for a few months for the trailer, and the business could get a few months rental for trailer space.