Riesentöter Forums
What is the future for Andy Reid in Philadelphia? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: What is the future for Andy Reid in Philadelphia? (/showthread.php?tid=1543)

Pages: 1 2

- George3 - 01-19-2009

Not too long ago, Donovan McNabb was benched during a game and rumors of Andy Reid’s future with Philly was questionable.  After an up and down season, there was some magic dust sprinkled on the Eagles and they were lucky enough to get into the post season as a Wild Card.

The Eagles had an improbable run deep into the playoffs, which unfortunately ended as the Arizona Cardinals defeated the Eagles 32-25 in Phoenix.  Last Sunday’s loss was a huge disappointment for Eagles fans, because it appeared that they had the stuff to go all the way.  The Eagles game wasn't up to par against the Cardinals... typical of their spotty performance all season long.

What do you think the future for Andy Reid is in Philadelphia?

What do you think the future for Donovan McNabb is in Philly?

Which veteran players do you think will not get their contracts renewed?

- AMoore - 01-19-2009

Reid will stay but I wish he would go

McNabb will stay and should stay.  You cannot replace a top tier QB so easily (Don't feed me that BS about winning the big game. 

Big games are won by teams, not players.

The big game was won by teams quaterbacked by: Hostettler, Dilfer, Williams, and E. Manning.

Fouts, Marino, and Tarkenton never quaterbacked a winning SB team.

Dawkins gone but I wish he would just retire

Tra Thomas gone;

Reggie Brown traded;

Lito traded

- George3 - 01-19-2009

Personally, I feel there is a better than 50% probability Reid may be let go. 
I think McNabb will stay for exactly the reason you mentioned... who can you get to replace him. 

- JimWirt - 01-19-2009

You have to wonder how he even functions. The two kids with drug problems, his weight problem, and pretty much running everything for the Eagles. Just looking in from the outside you have to wonder how people can think he can run a football operation. Hopefully they get someone else but this owner is loyal I think to a fault.

- George3 - 01-19-2009

JimWirt wrote:
Quote:Hopefully they get someone else but this owner is loyal I think to a fault.
Lurie may have loyalty; I'm not so sure about Joe Banner.

- George3 - 01-20-2009

Eagles need some of these players.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ

- Mike Andrews - 01-27-2009

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Reid will stay but I wish he would go

McNabb will stay and should stay. You cannot replace a top tier QB so easily (Don't feed me that BS about winning the big game.

Big games are won by teams, not players.

The big game was won by teams quaterbacked by: Hostettler, Dilfer, Williams, and E. Manning.

Fouts, Marino, and Tarkenton never quaterbacked a winning SB team.

Dawkins gone but I wish he would just retire

Tra Thomas gone;

Reggie Brown traded;

Lito traded

I think McNabb needs to go. He's too inconsistent in his performance and he's on the downside of his career. You (the Eagles) may not have someone in the ranks to replace him but that's what the draft is for, or you go recruiting. It's time to bring in new blood.

- dmano - 01-27-2009

Football: Grown men that wear pads to play a game. What a bunch of pussies. I would love to see them play a game of Rugby against the top team in England. They would be slaughtered and a bloody mess.

- AMoore - 01-28-2009

Joe Banner was on WIP this morning praising McNabb and Reid.

Oh, and Dave, I agree with you.  I imagine the Eagles would lose in many sports in which they are not trained, whether it be rugby, Australian rules football, or figure skating.

- JimWirt - 01-28-2009

I don't know about the rugby thing. But if you put professional football players out on a field with out pads they would kill each other.