Riesentöter Forums
Karting - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Karting (/showthread.php?tid=1561)

Pages: 1 2 3

- APXD 30 - 01-07-2009

Anyone up for karting this Saturday?   Or anytime soon?

http://www.lehighvalleygrandprix.com/

- George3 - 01-08-2009

Josh,
I've been there a few times recently, and would like to go again.  But I think the snow storm for Saturday may be an influencing factor in people's plans.

AccuWeather.com - Allentown 5 Day Weather Forecast: PA

- emayer - 01-09-2009

Guys,

I'll be away next week but interested anytime thereafter if you guys are going.....

Josh-  Did the Audi get repaired OK?

- AMoore - 01-09-2009

What fun . . . if only my substantial poundage did not impede my performance.  I did this in Delaware and even though I thought I was driving well, I consistently ended up in the back of the pack.  A very small girl won almost every race (She could drive like hell too!)

- smankow - 01-09-2009

AMoore wrote:
Quote:What fun . . . if only my substantial poundage did not impede my performance. I did this in Delaware and even though I thought I was driving well, I consistently ended up in the back of the pack. A very small girl won almost every race (She could drive like hell too!)
so Aaron, if I read this correctly, now you want to drive like a little girl?

- AMoore - 01-09-2009

I suppose she was a young lady but yes, I wish I could have driven like her that day.  I wish I could drive like Danica Patrick as well.

- APXD 30 - 01-09-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:Josh,
I've been there a few times recently, and would like to go again. But I think the snow storm for Saturday may be an influencing factor in people's plans.

AccuWeather.com - Allentown 5 Day Weather Forecast: PG

I agree George. I wasn't aware of the forecast ealier in the week. Next week is the banquet and we have the RTR ski day at the end of the month. Perhaps Feb or some Friday night?

- APXD 30 - 01-09-2009

emayer wrote:
Quote:Guys,

I'll be away next week but interested anytime thereafter if you guys are going.....

Josh- Did the Audi get repaired OK?

I am waiting on a mud flap but it is back & in service. The rim is serviceable as a spare and I'm glad to say that '03 was a time before cost-cutting as the 5th alloy wheel in the trunk saved me time & $. The damage was to a control arm not the axle.

Three things will prevent future incidence such as this one 1) I will not be so overconfident, 2) the snow tires/wheels that Jeff hooked me up with, and 3) not taking back roads!

Eric it happened in the neighborhood 2 blocks from our offices.

- George3 - 01-10-2009

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:George3 wrote:
Quote:Josh,
I've been there a few times recently, and would like to go again. But I think the snow storm for Saturday may be an influencing factor in people's plans.

AccuWeather.com - Allentown 5 Day Weather Forecast: PG

I agree George. I wasn't aware of the forecast ealier in the week. Next week is the banquet and we have the RTR ski day at the end of the month. Perhaps Feb or some Friday night?

Josh,
Count me in. We're flexible in that it is close for us. Just let me know... so long as the Eagles aren't playing.

Here's the Karting Track Map for those not familiar with LV Grand Prix. It's not exactly the same, but pretty darn close.

Pit-Out is just below T11 at the bottom of the map.

- emayer - 01-11-2009

Josh,

Glad the Audi is back in business and the damage was not as extensive....  The side roads at work are usually in terrible shape, if plowed at all.  I'm now a huge fan of dedicated snow tires having switched our daily drivers this year.  Makes an astounding difference.....

Count me in guys for karting and thx for the map.  Now if I could just find video on youtube....  Big Grin

Headin' back to Stuttgart today.  -E