Riesentöter Forums
New Executive, New Ideas, New Agenda - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: New Executive, New Ideas, New Agenda (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Wellardmac - 11-19-2006

So, our new executive committee took control today.

We have a new AX chair and this is the chance to bring our new ideas to the table and make them happen. I've heard some great ones (you know who you are, so get them posted!), so it's time to hear how we're going to move forward over the next year and talk about how we're going to make it happen.

Graham, it might be useful if you post some thoughts on where you would like to see things go (your agenda), then we can mesh those with the membership and move forwards.

-W

- Mike Andrews - 11-23-2006

I think everyone still cares.....  But the board doesn't "take over" until Jan 1.  The exec turnover meeting happened last weekend so that once the new year starts the new players are ready. 

- mikehoyer - 11-23-2006

I care, but I don't own a porsche. Wink  What if I buy a porsche keychain?  That's basically the same thing as owning a 944. Tongue

Good luck organizing your next season.  Make sure to post the events on myautoevents.com and autox4u.com, and have a waiting list for us non-porsche drivers.

- Mike Andrews - 11-24-2006

mikehoyer wrote:
Quote:I care, but I don't own a porsche. Wink What if I buy a porsche keychain? That's basically the same thing as owning a 944. Tongue

Well, maybe a NA 944 Tongue

- Katherine & Joe - 11-24-2006

we have a 944 & a 968,  why the dig?????  i thought you had to have a porsche -ot a su-aru  to have PCA mem-ership.....    

- Brian Minkin - 11-24-2006

Yes you do have to own a Porsche (running or not) to join PCA.  However one can join this forum (as Mike Hoyer did) without being a PCA member.  I also felt the dig about the 944 was uncalled for.  I have owned more then one and they are very much a Porsche. In fact in 1978 i owned a 924 (brand spanking new) and although many members of PCA gave me a hard time about its roots, it was accepted as a Porsche and was even a concours winner.

- Mike Andrews - 11-25-2006

Katherine & Joe wrote:
Quote:we have a 944 & a 968, why the dig????? i thought you had to have a porsche -ot a su-aru to have PCA mem-ership.....

Katherine,

I didn't take his comment as a dig, just a little friendly car banter. My comment certainly was NOT meant as a dig, as I know what they are capable of on the track, and having spent some time behind the wheel of a 944 on the street I can appreciate them even more.

I am however a little miffed that Mike Hoyer didn't have the stones to leave his original post in place. Oh well......

- Wellardmac - 11-25-2006

He thought he had caused offense and pulled it. He emailed me to let me know.

I told him that his comment was taken with humor and he should not be worried.

- betegh9 - 01-09-2007

C' on you guys!
the forum is to have fun, get the adrenalin juices running, and make people get involved. If i hurt your delicate feelings a little, just come back with a good and preferably, FUNNY, repply. Go to NNJR forum, and you will see what I mean. Reading some of that stuff, is like the comedy hour at the Borgatta.

So! Loosen up and have fun!

Now! AX chair!
You should be in the negotiation stage of securing about 12 AX dates for this summer. How's it going? most other AX clubs will be posting dates as early as the beggining of March. So you either have to have an EXCLUSIVE site, or share the open dates that are left on sites already known to the other clubs.
The AX rules should be reviewed, ,preferably by a comitee, and changed, or modified to make AX not just a show and tell social event, but a REAL COMPETITIVE event. Metro NYR and NNJR use a modified PCR of the latest version, letting women be in their own class, or choose to be in the unisex class.

Enough to digest here.........Any coments?::dude:

- Wellardmac - 01-09-2007

Nick! I wondered where you had gone? Got your headlight replaced yet?

I was hoping that you were going to offer to help us out and find us a brand spanking new site. Smile