Riesentöter Forums
AX School, Anyone interested? - Reposted for SteveMcMorn - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: AX School, Anyone interested? - Reposted for SteveMcMorn (/showthread.php?tid=163)

- Wellardmac - 11-19-2006

This was reposted in a new thread to give it the visibility it deserves.

STEVEMCMORN wrote:
Quote:Novice skool - In my view a bargain for $125 = Friday night classroom, all day instruction on sat and free entry Sunday.

4 courses -

circuit with increasing and decreasing radius corners - learn about late and early apexing

house - with 360 turn on corner of roof - learn to look ahead and faster if wait

slalom - small gaps and big gaps -- just didn't get this - told to turn earlier but struggled

skid pan - round and round until ready to puke

Leant alot about the theory, the car and myself - throughly recommended for newbies like me - even just because got so much seat time (compared to only 3 runs on Sunday - more on that later). [b]Would like to suggest that we contact SCCA to ask them if they will run a course for RTR - only need 20 people to run.

If I was to make enquires about setting up a SCAA autoX school for RTR only, would anyone be interested??

- Vytenis - 11-20-2006

I'm in.

- STEVEMCMORN - 11-20-2006

HURRAH!  One down, nineteen to go!

Give me a couple of weeks to work out possible options with Graham & SCCA        then I'll add a new post with poll etc etc to find out what members are interested in doing...

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-23-2006

I've done the Philly SCCA class twice. The Friday classroom was held in the back room of a restaurant/bar. If you have driven DE you will not learn much, but the beer was cold. Sa on the range was absolutely worth the proce, and so much more efficient a use of time than competition. We could really do this ourselves if we had the venue, but Philly SCCA does a very nice job.

- Brian Minkin - 11-23-2006

I agree with Chris.  We have the knowledge and talent to do both the classroom and driving venues.  All we need is the facility to put it together.  Seat time is the key to learning car control and getting better.  But you have to be able to practice in a safe environment, especially if you are going to spin a few times. We have a couple of possible locations for next year but nothing is signed and sealed yet. So if you know of a large flat lot or even better know the owner/management let Graham know so he can follow up.

- pmajka - 11-25-2006

Interested, but where and when?

- betegh9 - 01-09-2007

Sorry I have not been around. Busy with work and was away 3 weeks diring the holydays. Yes, we need a site!!!!!
Is Graham on this forum? If not, can someone let him know that there is and will be pertinent info for him to be involved here.
I believe that we can run a school in the early spring. First, we need a sign up for ALL members comited with $$$$ fee (not just interested). Based on the number, experienced AX members should be recruited to run the school using the basic elements of this sport. Encouragement, dedication and persevearance can make anyone a good AXr.