Riesentöter Forums
AUTOCROSS on a ROADCOURSE? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: AUTOCROSS on a ROADCOURSE? (/showthread.php?tid=1679)

Pages: 1 2

- betegh9 - 05-03-2009

NNJR - PCA is having an AX event at the Englishtown roadcourse on July 5th. Great for a 4th of July weekend. For the most part, it is much like a competitive time trial event with a few cones thrown in and guaranteed 3rd gear speeds. So, Mr. McMorn, how about we add this to our AX schedule?

CoolCool

All those who like to go, respond on this thread!!

- STEVEMCMORN - 05-03-2009

Great idea Nick but 2009 schedule is now set and this weekend is too close to our own PnP Ax on Sunday 12th July which is just 1 week later but we can think about it for next year

FYI....here's the 2009 schedule:

1) Saturday 18 APRIL 09 Classroom session: “How to prepare Car and Driver for High Performance Driving�? Specialty Cars, Allentown - 11am
2) Sunday 26 APRIL 09 AX – Central PCA at Hershey
3) Sunday 24 MAY 09 AX – Philly SCCA at Citizens bank park
4) Saturday 06 JUNE 09 AX – NNJR SCCA at Englishtown, NJ
5) Sunday 12 JUL 09 AX - RTR ‘Planes and Porsches #2’ Charity AX – Reading
6) Saturday 15 AUG 09 AX – Delaware PCA at Glasgow, DE
7) Sunday 27 SEP 09 AX – Central PCA at Hershey

- opus - 05-07-2009

BTW, what are the reasons why no clubs run HPDE at the Englishtown Roadcourse?

- betegh9 - 05-07-2009

opus wrote:
Quote:BTW, what are the reasons why no clubs run HPDE at the Englishtown Roadcourse?
My guess would be that the course is rather SMALL (short), and thus so many cars fit on the track at one time, and for that the cost may be prohibitive. Mike Andrews would be the perfect person to answer for sure. Now, for an AX, if you can send a car off every 20 seconds and wind up with up to 4 cars on the course at any particular time, 120 entrants with 7 runs each can be quite realistic.:dude:

:dude::dude:

- Max Power - 07-10-2009

another club is having an AX on the Pocono East circuit

where we normally see motorcycles running

- betegh9 - 07-10-2009

That club is NNJR-PCA. They run the AX in conjunction with other events at Pocono's other courses............ it is called PORSCHERAMA. a whole weekend of AX, DE, TT, Rally. One can do so much driving that you be glad to get out of the car. TongueTongue

- geza - 07-11-2009

As I recall from my SCCA Solo II days, the issue is insurance and subsequent track cost. At higher track speeds, you go from Solo II to Solo I which is sometimes called Time Trials or more recently, Time Attack.

If anyone wants to do this, a few of us have already discussed Time Attack with NJMP. Even with a large turnout, you would be talking about the cost of a track day.

- betegh9 - 07-11-2009

geza wrote:
Quote:As I recall from my SCCA Solo II days, the issue is insurance and subsequent track cost. At higher track speeds, you go from Solo II to Solo I which is sometimes called Time Trials or more recently, Time Attack.

If anyone wants to do this, a few of us have already discussed Time Attack with NJMP. Even with a large turnout, you would be talking about the cost of a track day.

By setting up enough gates in the fast part of a track, it can still be considered a Solo 2 event. It is when there are NO gates (cones) it is a TT.

- opus - 07-12-2009

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:geza wrote:
Quote:As I recall from my SCCA Solo II days, the issue is insurance and subsequent track cost. At higher track speeds, you go from Solo II to Solo I which is sometimes called Time Trials or more recently, Time Attack.

By setting up enough gates in the fast part of a track, it can still be considered a Solo 2 event. It is when there are NO gates (cones) it is a TT.
I am very interested in such an event. Cost of a track day is okay if we get lots of seat time. How many cars do you envision running at the same time? Can we arrange so that the fastest drivers driver first (in front) followed by the next fastest a few seconds later, etc?

- opus - 07-28-2009

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
My guess would be that the course is rather SMALL (short), and thus so many cars fit on the track at one time, and for that the cost may be prohibitive. Mike Andrews would be the perfect person to answer for sure. Now, for an AX, if you can send a car off every 20 seconds and wind up with up to 4 cars on the course at any particular time, 120 entrants with 7 runs each can be quite realistic.:dude:

:dude::dude:
I decided to ask Englishtown Raceway about the cost. They said $2,500 per day for Mondays to Wednesdays, $3500 for Thursday or Friday, and $6,500 for Saturday or Sunday. In addition, one emt is needed at $450. In addition, would it be correct to assume that insurance will be needed at some cost?