Riesentöter Forums
I AM DISAPPOINTED!! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: I AM DISAPPOINTED!! (/showthread.php?tid=1759)

Pages: 1 2 3

- betegh9 - 07-13-2009

I know that I should write this in the AX portion of the forum, but DE guys don't read that, and anyways I'm writing about YOU.

It was a great event that Steve organized with a few good helping hands this last weekend at Millenium Aviation in Reading. The weather was great, the company was very social, and the event went very smoothly. There was one thing missing............... The only DE track junkies that showed up were Brian Minkin and our president, Graham Knight, but they didn't even drive. I would have loved to see the track hot shoes show up and give me a challenge ( I'd like to get spanked), but mostly, to have them support the AX program as we support the DE program. It is ALL part of the same club. Hey! It is a FREE country, and you can do as you please, but I am still disappointed . :X:X:X SadSadSad

- Darren - 07-13-2009

I thought Geza was there?

- betegh9 - 07-13-2009

that Hunky Geza does not count. Big GrinBig Grin He was there with a vette and I spanked him with a borrowed car.

- bobt993 - 07-13-2009

I think it obvious why you are not attracting more DE drivers...............  If this is the attitude your going forward with then stop banging your ahead against a wall expecting different results.  Wink

- betegh9 - 07-13-2009

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:I think it obvious why you are not attracting more DE drivers............... If this is the attitude your going forward with then stop banging your ahead against a wall expecting different results. Wink

Don't worry Bob. Darren, Geza and I have a thing going, and I know, as well as they, that it is done for fun. Some guys are just toooooo serious. This is a club to have FUN, and fun activities............. people should lighten up.CoolCool

- Darren - 07-13-2009

I should have gone -- I raced Friday and Saturday but I was free on Sunday.  Each of those days I had 1.5 hours of track time though, a day at autox is like what? 4 minutes?

- Darren - 07-13-2009

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:Don't worry Bob. Darren, Geza and I have a thing going, and I know, as well as they, that it is done for fun. Some guys are just toooooo serious. This is a club to have FUN, and fun activities............. people should lighten up.CoolCool

Agreed Nick Smile I think I know you a little better...

Many people are cutting back on track days this year because of the economy, so you'd figure more would show up for Autox.

Winie (my ex) was there and we're talking about getting a kart for my son, Jacob, to start running at these events. Can he run in the RTR series? Haha

- bobt993 - 07-13-2009

Nick,  I know, they know, but this is an open forum and sarcasm is hard to explain when newcomers peruse the forum.  Seriously, the banter should be a little more light hearted if you want others to want to hop on board AX band wagon. Big Grin

- betegh9 - 07-13-2009

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Nick, I know, they know, but this is an open forum and sarcasm is hard to explain when newcomers peruse the forum. Seriously, the banter should be a little more light hearted if you want others to want to hop on board AX band wagon. Big Grin

OK. SadSadSadSadSad CoolCool

- geza - 07-14-2009

Nick, I was there to contribute to ALS, support a club event and have fun. If I was serious, I would have used track tires or borrowed your car. By the way, I think a well prepared C6-Z06 driven very well by a track guy by the name of Steve, took fastest time of the day!

As Darren pointed out, there were many track people there, Winie, Ian, as well as others. The event also made me reflect as to whether or not I would be standing in the heat from 8:30 to 4:30 for 5 subminute runs if it were not for charity. At NJMP this Wednesday, we are scheduled to be on track for five 45 min. sessions for not much more money. (AND I WOULD BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF FIRST GEAR!)

Steve ran a wonderful event for a great cause! He has done a great job with the entire program and deserves support at our events. I am just pointing out reasons AutoX may not be attractive to some people. As it was, the event was oversold!

As to your banter on the forum, Bob makes a good point. Darren and I know you well enough to just laugh, but others reading may take things differently. I think we need to use discretion on a public forum. (Evidence your comments on a serious subject regarding proper hydration on hot summer days)