Riesentöter Forums
24 Hours of Lemons 2010 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 24 Hours of Lemons 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=1767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- glh - 03-06-2010

I'm sure you will, but what about dinner and breakfast?  It should be a ton of fun and it'll be nice to see some familiar faces on the track.

- Darren - 03-06-2010

Ohhhhh THAT Craig...

Our Integra is coming along -- the car is gutted and we started work on installing the cage.  I think we're going to get the weight down to about 2300 lbs with 155 hp at the front wheels.  It will be lighter and more powerful than my former PTE Integra so we're very excited about it.

We're planning to bring it to the RTR Shenandoah event.

- dmano - 03-07-2010

Be very carefull in not making it too nice. The affluent rule will kick your ass. It kicked our 84 Volvo's ass at our first race in 2008 then again last year at Nelson's Ledge took a lot of bribes "food and booze" to not get hit with penalty laps.

- Darren - 03-07-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:Be very carefull in not making it too nice. The affluent rule will kick your ass. It kicked our 84 Volvo's ass at our first race in 2008 then again last year at Nelson's Ledge took a lot of bribes "food and booze" to not get hit with penalty laps.
That's a serious concern -- the car doesn't look so bad after it was all stripped. What's the best way to bribe the officials? A few cases of beer in the hatchback at inspection time?

- betegh9 - 03-07-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:Be very carefull in not making it too nice. The affluent rule will kick your ass. It kicked our 84 Volvo's ass at our first race in 2008 then again last year at Nelson's Ledge took a lot of bribes "food and booze" to not get hit with penalty laps.

The car will look MEAN, not nice. Once I get done poking holes in it, it will look HOLY like a giant Swiss cheese with a few CHEESE heads driving it.TongueBig GrinBig Grin

- glh - 03-08-2010

We are also shooting for the April Shenandoah event.  That pesky roll cage requirement is a hurdle at the moment.  How come cage builders seem to work on their own schedule and not mine....

Bribes, West Virginia style, maybe ballet tickets?

- dmano - 03-08-2010

Darren wrote:
Quote:dmano wrote:
That's a serious concern -- the car doesn't look so bad after it was all stripped. What's the best way to bribe the officials? A few cases of beer in the hatchback at inspection time?
We do a case of good wine, half red half chard then we bring 20 fresh hogies from Jim's Steaks on 62nd st just below Haverford Ave in Phila. but we don't give it all to them at once we hold some in reserve for the penalties you get during the race as bribes.

- Mitch Reading - 04-05-2010

Darren,

I think this event is being held at Shennendoah Circuit, not the main Summit track.  NASA has Summit for Hyperfest racing.

You guys should enter that acura in the 12 hour at NJ (Thunderbolt) the same weekend.

Be honest about your costs, and its probably about the same.  Atleast at NJ you'll get true, organized racing.

HEY KELLET... I thought you were coming to NJ?!  Smile

Mitch

- betegh9 - 04-05-2010

Mitch Reading wrote:
Quote:Darren,

I think this event is being held at Shennendoah Circuit, not the main Summit track. NASA has Summit for Hyperfest racing.

You guys should enter that acura in the 12 hour at NJ (Thunderbolt) the same weekend.

Be honest about your costs, and its probably about the same. Atleast at NJ you'll get true, organized racing.

HEY KELLET... I thought you were coming to NJ?! Smile

Mitch

Hey Mitch! 4 posts in as many years? We were going to use the shenandoah event as practice and shake down of this very new "old heap" the cage needs 1 more day, sa well as the suspension. Other incidentals probably another day.

Nice to hear from you, come around and hang out.

- Darren - 04-05-2010

Mitch Reading wrote:
Quote:Darren,

I think this event is being held at Shennendoah Circuit, not the main Summit track. NASA has Summit for Hyperfest racing.

Be honest about your costs, and its probably about the same. Atleast at NJ you'll get true, organized racing.

HEY KELLET... I thought you were coming to NJ?! Smile

Mitch
Yes, it's on Shenandoah. I'm also racing with NASA that weekend in GTS4.