Riesentöter Forums
Gone into hibernation :( - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Porsche-Related Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Gone into hibernation :( (/showthread.php?tid=177)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Wellardmac - 11-25-2006

Well, today is a very sad day. The Porsche went into hibernation.

I almost didn't do it... went for a drive - had a blast. Days like today are what owning a Porsche are all about. My radar detector even helped me not get a speeding ticket as I accelerated onto the Turnpike... Well to be honest the wall of brakelights that formed as everyone else saw him hiding behind the bridge was also a dead giveaway.

I filled up the tank on the way back, then checked the weather for the next week... nice warm weather until Thursday. I could have driven it until then and done the detailing next weekend, but figured it was better to do the detailing in warm weather, rather than the 40F temperatures predicted for the end of the week. I figured that it's unlikely that we'll get more warm weather as we head into December.

5 hours detailing the car, every surface got attention.
Filled the gas tank
Washed the car
lubed the seals
moisturized the rubber, plastic, and leather
interior vacuum
waxed with the new random orbital buffer
closed the vents
inflated the tires to their maximum pressure.

...put to bed. <sniff> Sad

I'll let the car stay uncovered until tomorrow, then the cover will go on. At some point I'll wake it up to install the aero kit, but for now I'll let it sleep a while. Smile

..driving an SUV is just too depressing.

The tag expires at the end of November, so I guess it just had to be done. Sad

The good news is that I'll probably be able to put it back onto the road by mid-March.... only 3 months and counting! Smile

We really need to organize the karting event!

EDIT:
plastic over the exhausts to keep out the mice and the car is now covered.

- APXD 30 - 11-27-2006

I gave the car it's first waxing Friday only to reduce the pressures Saturday and take the car on a 100 mile jaunt given the sunny weather.   Yesterday it took me to the golf course for the last time this yearSad.

My car wanted to drink that last tank of fuel before hibernating!

Did anyone catch Grand Prix on Speed Satureday?

- Wellardmac - 11-27-2006

It was really gratifying to detail the car... even though it took a long time.... 5 hours of cleaning and sealing on Saturday and 2 hours of waxing on Sunday. The results are nice though. Smile

..another pic

... and another. Smile

- APXD 30 - 11-30-2006

Looks good, but points off for the surface rust on the rotors.   Think of an errand to run to clean them off.

- Wellardmac - 12-01-2006

nah, the car is done for the year. The only run it will get before the Spring is a trip to Holberts for the aero kit installation.

- Hammerin Hank - 12-03-2006

Nice job on the detail.

I got a chance to do my Nissan the other day, as well. Only mine's going bye-bye. Sad

[Image: NX-02.jpg]
[Image: NX-06.jpg]

- Wellardmac - 12-03-2006

That car looks great! Why are you getting rid of it?

- Hammerin Hank - 12-03-2006

Moving to a place with limited parking.

It's served me well. The RTR autox's were a hoot in it.

The turbo car is for sale, as well. You guys would be in serious trouble if I every brought that to an event. 

[Image: NX-turbo11.jpg]

[Image: NX-turbo01.jpg]

It's a serious sleeper. Wink