Riesentöter Forums
5th Event in the 2009 AX Roadshow series - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 5th Event in the 2009 AX Roadshow series (/showthread.php?tid=1795)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- csmith74 - 08-13-2009

Steve,

Colin and I will try to meet you at the Wawa.  Do you know if there's going to be anywhere nearby to get lunch, or should be pack a cooler bag?

Thanks, Chuck

- csmith74 - 08-13-2009

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:csmith74 wrote:

Hey Chuck!! Welcome to the forum. We friends tease each other and do some banter, all for fun. Hope you can handle it. Sorry I won't be at the next event, be at Watkins Glenn with NNJR, but hope to meet you at some point. Have fun at the AX. It's great to slide the car under control in a safe enviroment.

Oh! I like that car of yours. What year is it?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the compliment, she's a 1974 911-T. This trip to DE will put her just over 20K original miles. I've only done two AX's so far, but the people are great and it's a lot of fun to push the 'ol girl and let her do what she was designed to do. Stephen, from one newbie to another.. go for it! You'll never have so much fun behind the wheel of that beast you're driving. The nice part is that it's competition against the clock, so if you're uncomfortable pushing it you can just back off a little and still have fun. Anyway Nick, nice to "meet" you and I'll see you next time. Banter away, but be careful up there at the Glenn, that's where my neighbor's car and the wall traded places at triple digit speeds.

Chuck

- MikeKling - 08-13-2009

Stephan,

I'd suggest meeting with us on Saturday and registering for the event when we get there.  Usually you don't go out right away and you get to see what's going on.  If you like what u see, give it a try.  This should be the perfect venue for your first time.  There probably won't be many cars there.  Philly SCCA events have over 150.  This should be half that.  Remember, your with friends.  Our RTR championship is all for fun.

One suggestion though, if Jim Wirth offers to show you his award from last year, smile and let him show you.  It really makes him feel good when he gets to show it off. Big Grin

See ya Saturday,Mike

- MikeKling - 08-13-2009

Chuck,

Its best to stock up a cooler at the WAWA with munchies and waters.  We've never been to this venue so we don't know what is around there.  AX's don't normally stop for lunch either.  Steve has started a tradition stopping for a beer after the event (those British guys like their Pubs).  Just don't order a strawberry milkshake.  One driver did last year and we never let him forget it. 

See ya Saturday, Mike

- CarreraSupercharged - 08-13-2009

Thanks Chuck and Mike,

I will give it a try, I am just a little worry about the old 915 gear box holding it, she has only 67,500 miles and still running on the original clutch.

This reminds me of my first time lining up at the drag strip with my motorcycle, and stressing out about dropping the clutch to fast ,... or having brake downs,..... ohhhh those years are well behind me.

- JimWirt - 08-14-2009

If you blow the clutch we will help you fix it. Not a problem!!!!!!!!

- JimWirt - 08-14-2009

Just don't let Kling give you directions from his gps!!!!!!!!

- csmith74 - 08-14-2009

CarreraSupercharged wrote:
Quote:Thanks Chuck and Mike,

I will give it a try, I am just a little worry about the old 915 gear box holding it, she has only 67,500 miles and still running on the original clutch.

This reminds me of my first time lining up at the drag strip with my motorcycle, and stressing out about dropping the clutch to fast ,... or having brake downs,..... ohhhh those years are well behind me.

Don't worry Stephen, Once you're out of the gate you probably won't do any shifting past 2nd. I've only done two of these, but I found that the courses are tight to keep the speed down. See you there!

Chuck

- Vytenis - 08-14-2009

No worries about the clutch for autocross, unless it's already going.

I'm in.

"V"

- asher681 - 08-15-2009

Great to see all the resestoter's at the Delaware A/X event....  I see why we (Steve McMorn & crew) get so many participants at our event !!!!!! GREAT JOB at Planes & Porsches.... Joe  VP