Riesentöter Forums
2009 C2 cab question - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: 2009 C2 cab question (/showthread.php?tid=1822)

- mb3844 - 08-17-2009

Hey, a porsche owner friend suggested that you guys/gals are the local guru's when buying a Porsche. 

i am new to this web site and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge about buying a new 911 C2 cab.  How does one tell if there has been any issues with the car if it is used, very low mileage (<1000 mi), and only owned for less than 45 days by the original owner? 

Do people buy such a car and quickly trade up (to a C2S, Turbo or GT) in very short timeframes/low miles?  Would this car have been taken out on the track and then sold to dealer or private party? 

What should i know?  Can't wait to buy one and join the club!  the videos looks awesome!!Smile 

Thanks for any help! 

- George3 - 08-17-2009

When you say a new Cab, I'm assuming you mean a 2009 MY (model year).
I owned a 2009 C2 base Cab for about 10 days and 500 miles. 
Then I traded it in on another 2009, but a C4S Cab about 3 weeks ago.  My reasons were personal to me, however, the short answer is yes they do come in on early trades.

You should not have much to worry about since the car is still under a full factory warranty in the event of any issues.  You can also do a PPI (Pre Purchase Inspection) at a P-car dealer to satisfy yourself against any paint or body work.  Lastly, there is the almightly CarFax.  I say that tongue and cheek b/c their searches are inconclusive and don't always show work done to a vehicle.

Lastly, it is highly unlikely this car was tracked, since a convertible would require roll bar protection with PCA driver ed events.

Hope that helps.

- Wally - 08-17-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:Lastly, it is highly unlikely this car was tracked, since a convertible would require roll bar protection with PCA driver ed events.

Hope that helps.

Hi George, 996 and 997 Cabs with the auto extending roll bar are acceptable for all PCA DE events as long as you pass the broom stick rule.

WallySmile

- mb3844 - 08-17-2009

Wow that is great to know.  If you don't mind, my asking, what were the reasons that you traded that car? i have been told that the 4 is heavier and does not handle the same as the C2 or C2S.  Trying to determine the differences between the C2 and C2S if i will not be doing alot of track driving and it will be a 3rd car--not the primary driver. 

George--I did spend some time today looking at your videos/pics of Watkins Glen on 8/1 and it was quite amazing. 

it would be great to get the insight from someone with your experience. 

Thx so much.

- George3 - 08-18-2009

Come to one of our Driver Ed's... even if just to watch.  We have a program called Taste Of The Track where you can get a ride on the track in the Instructor's car... at speed!

I traded my car b/c I realized I like to be involved in the driving and the S model does give a bit more power, plus several other items.  If I wanted strictly speed I would've opted for the C2S rather than the C4S, however, I already have two race cars to feed my speed cravings (LOL) Smile.  The base C2 Cab is a very capable car with increased horespower rating for 2009.  You should be very happy with it.

Wally-  you are right about the Cabs.  Sorry, my bad.

- Mike Andrews - 08-18-2009

mb3844 wrote:
Quote:Hey, a porsche owner friend suggested that you guys/gals are the local guru's when buying a Porsche.

i am new to this web site and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge about buying a new 911 C2 cab. How does one tell if there has been any issues with the car if it is used, very low mileage (<1000 mi), and only owned for less than 45 days by the original owner?

Do people buy such a car and quickly trade up (to a C2S, Turbo or GT) in very short timeframes/low miles? Would this car have been taken out on the track and then sold to dealer or private party?

What should i know? Can't wait to buy one and join the club! the videos looks awesome!!Smile

Thanks for any help!

MB.... you could look at this a couple different ways.

The owner may have decided he wanted a 4 wheel drive car instead of a two wheel drive.

He may have decided he wanted an “S�? instead of the regular car... there’s not a good way of finding out short of tracking down the original owner and asking him.

Or you could have an owner like George that bought a car and upon getting it home decided the color didn't match the walls in his garage and then traded it on another color. Smile

To add a little peace of mind you could ask the dealer to give you the maintenance records for that car. That would indicate any issues with it as I'm pretty sure it would all be warrantee (or at least been to the dealer) work at this point. The only other thing would be crash damage and a decent body shop could help you determine that.

In my mind you’re probably looking at someone that bought the car in a moment of weakness and then decided that he couldn’t afford it.

- George3 - 08-18-2009

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:
Or you could have an owner like George that bought a car and upon getting it home decided the color didn't match the walls in his garage and then traded it on another color. Smile

They were both Black! Tongue Tongue

- catchacab - 08-18-2009

There are those who change their car more often than they change their under-ware.  Not that I know how often someone changes his under-ware.  But there are also some, who purchase a sports car and then realize that is not for them, or due to a change in their life they cannot afford it.

- emayer - 08-18-2009

I can echo George's comments as well having been guilty of trading cars in with low mileage (not because of matching garage paint though!). 

I bought my current turbo with 700 miles on it as the guy traded it for an R8.  Go figure! Big Grin

Financially speaking it's a great idea to purchase as long as you don't feel you're compromising.  Good luck!