Riesentöter Forums
Bang for your buck in a track car - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Bang for your buck in a track car (/showthread.php?tid=1882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Racingswh - 09-25-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:Racingswh wrote:
Quote: . . . Drew's old 996 Turbo was nice. It was/is a finished car. . . .

What ever happened to Drew?

Good question George. I was thinking about that lately and I believe that because he was not accepted as an instructor his outlook on the club soured. He hasn't really participated after he was denied instructor certification. It's unfortunate because I really like Drew and enjoyed the many times he took me for rides. He is fast and has great control over a sliding GT3 for which I have a good bit of respect.

I wasn't one of the deciding instructors so I do not know why he wasn't promoted. I do know that his driving skillset is better than most as evidenced to me personally on many occasions as well as by his racing successes.

- George3 - 09-25-2009

That's too bad.  I liked him, too.

Drew, if you're listening... please come back.

- fasthonda - 09-26-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:That's too bad. I liked him, too.

Drew, if you're listening... please come back.

i liked drew too! fun to hang out with, and always a smile on his face!!! i'll second the 'come on back, man!'

todd

- stentech1 - 09-27-2009

Any one ever think may be he is just busy?  

- stentech1 - 09-27-2009

There easy to maintain provided you dont sleep and have time to pull motors, weld broken parts replace computers ect. I just make it look easy. It nice to have fast cars especially with such limited driving expertise.

SM

- Darren - 09-27-2009

Actually I ran into him the other day -- he said he really misses it and is itching to get back to the track but too busy.  Says he'll be out next year.

- Terry - 09-27-2009

I run into Drew periodically on Rittenhouse Square where he lives and I work. He is still in school and, when last we spoke, was deeply involved in putting together a celebrity driver TV show of some sort. I never heard anything about instructor status being an issue and he said nothing of the sort to me. But if it happened, I do not think we should be second guessing decisions like this made by our appointed and elected leaders. These can be tough and unpleasant matters but they need to be done for all of our best interests, and no one is paying the chief instructor or track chair to take the heat. I can recall lots of bitching (including by me) about promotions (mainly why did he get it when any idiot can see that I'm a much better driver), politics (he only got promoted because he's friends with...), and fairness (why did I get black flagged and lectured for doing what the CI did, only worse?), but none of this amounted to a hill of beans in the long run. People who should be promoted get promoted, and if they have to stay in a run group for an extra event before the instructors are comfortable with a promotion, so what? And maybe a certain minimum amount of seat time, or events, or years, is desirable for instructors just so that they are more likely to have seen or experienced different things on the track which their students might encounter. Pure speed and driving skill are not the only qualifications for instructing. Anyway, I look forward to seeing Drew on the track again but suspect it will be with a new RSR or something similar.

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-27-2009

Terry, tell us what you really think. Big Grin

- bobt993 - 09-28-2009

Terry had too much coffee and his pinky hit the enter key a couple of times.  Smile

I am sure Drew will be back, keep in mind where he is in life with a lot going on. There are several young drivers that have not been present for this year because of "life going forward". 

- Terry - 09-28-2009

Sorry, guys - I was having a problem with the server but now it seems to be fixed. Moderators - was there a problem on your end or mine?