Riesentöter Forums
Becoming active again - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Model-Specific (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: 911 Air-Cooled (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Becoming active again (/showthread.php?tid=1915)

- JAK911 - 09-21-2009

Hello all,

I have been a member of PCA RTR since 2003 but have been in-between Porsches for the last several years so have not been active.  My wife and I have recently acquired a 1970 911 T Targa that we hope will change all of that.

We are excited to get out there with it and meet a lot of great people from this and other regions.  Hopefully we will have a mild Fall and an extended driving season. 

Hope to see many of you soon.  I have attached a pic of our new toy. 

Joe

- ADCooperS - 09-21-2009

Congratulations!  I look forward to meeting you at an event soon!

- asher681 - 09-21-2009

Joe,  We have a drine & dine event that's perfect for your new TOY this weekend !!!  A  winery tour in the lehigh valley this saturday.....  The info is listed in "der gasser" & on the web site... Joe Asher, Resentoter VP    \

P.S. check out our event in October at the Bear Creek Ski Resort & Spa, Also a drive & dine to New Jersey Motor Sports Park for the Make A Wish dinner on the 17 of October... 

- JAK911 - 09-22-2009

Thank you, we'll look at the info on the winery tour.  We may have a previous engagement this Saturday but if we can't make this, I am sure you'll be seeing us somewhere soon!

Joe

- Diane1970911T - 09-22-2009

Hello,

I'm new to this group ("the wife") of Joe (below). I'm very excited about this Porsche and looking forward to learning as much as I can about it. Currently I'm enjoying the process of getting use to the clutch-- and I'm getting use to this one fast!

What a fun ride! And perfect weather so far.

Diane

- asher681 - 09-22-2009

Diane, when Katherine learned to drive a stick shift, we established a "clutch fund for our 944....  We did eventually use it !!!!  Good luck, hope to see you at one of our drive & Dines..  Joe Asher Resentoter,  VP

- ADCooperS - 09-22-2009

asher681 wrote:
Quote:Diane, when Katherine learned to drive a stick shift, we established a "clutch fund for our 944.... We did eventually use it !!!! Good luck, hope to see you at one of our drive & Dines.. Joe Asher Resentoter, VP

Hahaha - I've been driving a stick shift for about 14 years and I managed to ruin two clutches at my last DE event!

You'll have fun with the new car!

- Diane1970911T - 09-22-2009

Here is what's funny. I love stick and have been driving it all my life- except for the past 4 years. Now I get into the Porsche and I'm a little nervous. BUT as I gain speed to get up to each gear and stop and start and reverse-- it's great. There is no power steering or brakes- so it takes a little getting use to. I just enjoy the little challenge I give myself each time I take it out now- to drive further and further and experience higher gears each time. By the time I meet you I'm hoping to be sailing smoothly Smile