Riesentöter Forums
Ratification of Expense Reimbursement and Discount Policy - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Membership Meetings (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Ratification of Expense Reimbursement and Discount Policy (/showthread.php?tid=1936)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- JIMK - 10-15-2009

NavinR.Johnson wrote:
Quote:Phokaioglaukos wrote:
Quote:Betsi Lyle, a longstanding member of the Club, raised a concern at the September member meeting that the adoption by the Board of the Expense Reimbursement and Discount Policy at the September Board meeting may have been flawed because the Policy granted discounts for DE events to all members of the Board. The Club’s Conflict of Interest Policy requires a Board member with a conflict to abstain from voting to approve the conflicting transaction or arrangment. When the Board approved the Expense Reimbursement and Discount Policy no members abstained and all would be eligible to benefit from the DE discount. To address this concern, the Board ratified and confirmed the Expense Reimbursement and Discount Policy at its meeting last night by a unanimous vote of only those members of the Board who voluntarily
gave up any discount for DE events as an Officer. All members of the Board who remain eligible for the Officer discount abstained.

You and the remainder of the board who are instructors are in violation of the club's Conflict of Interest Policy. Even though you are declining your Executive Board discount, you have still voted for a policy that includes a discount for instructors of which group you are a member of. As a beneficary of this discount, according to the COIP you and all members of the board are in-fact ineligible to vote for such discount policy, unless you declare oneself inelligible for said discount. Have you and the other board members who did not abstain for this vote declined benefits of said policy?

What law school did you attend?

Power to the people and my special purpose!

Wait a second, NavinRJohnson joins the the forum on Oct142009 and writes a slam in what might be their first post?!?!?

What a [Image: the_jerk.jpg?w=157&h=240]

- ccm911 - 10-15-2009

Now I was thinking the exact same thing!  One post?  And a post that only someone intimately involved with the club would/could write?  Such emotion.  Such threats.

"Zoinks, Shaggy, lets grab the gang and pile into the Mystery Machine...."

- JoeP - 10-15-2009

In the future, sniper postings should only be accepted from Users with one of those SNL terrorist names  -- like "Ajeet Mdrawrz".  Otherwise, how can anyone tell whether to take them seriously?

- dmano - 10-15-2009

maybe he meant to say ShavinYRJohnson   I think it is a new/ old member that has changed thy namo 

- TwentySix - 10-15-2009

Mike Andrews wrote:

Quote:I applaud your loyalty toward Graham. It’s nice to have friends as close and devoted to each other as you guys are. But, and this is a big but, the loyalty needs to be to the club. Not the guy at the top. We on the exec serve the members, not our friends.
Michael we've been friends a long time, and I hate to say it, but I think that you have done exactly what you are complaining about, then pointing the finger at someone else. First off, Graham and Chris are friendly, but I wouldn't call them devoted to each other, or even good friends, certainly not the caliber of friends that you and Jim Zelinski are by a long shot. Why is Jim Zelinski running? Because he had planned to run for Vice President earlier in the year, and he felt it was the job for him? Or because he's one of your very best friends and you needed someone to fill the hole left after you realized so many of the Executive Board would not throw Graham under the bus? Please don't get me wrong, I respect Jim and what he has done for the club, but I can't help but think he's been nudged into this roll by you, and not of his own accord. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Mike Andrews wrote:
Quote:We tried to get you and Allison and Joe and Steve to understand that. Yet you would not continue in the positions Graham had you slated for on his ballet. We, the current slate, see the difference and I suspect the membership sees the distinction as well

I think you are mistaken by generalizing about what the membership sees. Maybe you are too far on the inside to have a better understanding, but from out here it seems that most people I have spoken to disagree with you. They see you as a puppet of the Past President's agenda playing forward. They see the refusal of Graham's slate to run with you as a matter of principal, not an unwillingness to serve the club. You can spin this all you want, but it's just that. Spin.

You told me that Graham has done nothing wrong, so why keep pretending he is at some kind of fault? If you really cared about the membership more than your own ambition, you would have the grace to step aside, instead of pitting friend against friend as you have.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread hijack Smile

- STEVEMCMORN - 10-15-2009

JIMK wrote: Wait a second, NavinRJohnson joins the the forum on Oct142009 and writes a slam in what might be their first post?!?!?

and interestingly enough, look at the name of our latest new member "Mugneornunerm"

I am not sure if this is an oragnized subversive attack, a real new member with an unfortunate name ..... or JimK or catchacab havign some reverse fun????

- jmr3 - 10-15-2009

All RTR Members please remind me to never piss Beth off -- WOW!Confusedhock:

- STEVEMCMORN - 10-15-2009

TwentySix wrote:
Quote: If you really cared about the membership more than your own ambition, you would have the grace to step aside, instead of pitting friend against friend as you have.

Beth, please be more gentle with the Past-President's nominated president for 2010. Afterall, he did help Han Solo and Luke Skywalker to blow up the death star......

- dmano - 10-15-2009

Boy this is way better than watching All My Children this is real life in action. YEEEHAA

This makes my day soooo much fun reading all the BS keep it coming my days go by much faster this way.

- ccm911 - 10-15-2009

I am with Dave.  This is so awesome!!!  Much better than All My Children.  This club rocks!!  Where else can one get so much entertainment value for so little.

As I always say..."Take a bunch of 'type A' personalities, mix them together, and then watch the fireworks".

All in all though, I think everyone seems to be acting OK, just a bit high spirited. 

Would everyone rather be bored?