Riesentöter Forums
Obama and the prize - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Obama and the prize (/showthread.php?tid=1959)

Pages: 1 2

- APXD 30 - 12-10-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Uh Dave....it was GWB and his lying pack of thieves that put us in those wars in the first place. Obama just inherited the mess.

But GW only inherited Clinton's mess b/c he was too busy pulling a Tiger.

If that sounds ridiculous too, then that's the point. How long can this go on? Kudos to Obama (there I said it) for side-stepping an obvious international trap award = no further action. Obviously the NPP award, which was determined within Obama's first 15 days in office (publicly awarded in September), was an attempt to control his future actions. It's like giving me the CEO of the year award in advanceSmile

He is proving to be a decent leader when it comes executing pirates and killing terrorists. Now if he could control the urge to send so many dangerous prisoners to his home state or making history by giving 911 conspirators a public sounding board in NYC it would be even better holiday gift.

- emayer - 12-11-2009

It would have sent a stronger message and been more magnanimous had he declined the award initially.  Would've been a tremendous political coup, and could have alleviated himself somewhat from the exceedingly high expectations everyone has of him.  Of course, his political campaign is largely responsible for this to begin with.  This may explain the increasing backlash against the Dems as most reasonable people now realize that his lofty goals will not be reached or come at a much higher price to our freedom and financial well-being.

If anything, the award to Obama (and Gore previously) shows a shift of the nominating committee toward political activism rather than rewarding past deeds that benefited society at large.  I'm not sure this is what Nobel intended.

- dmano - 12-11-2009

From the Last Will and Testament of Mr. Nobel as follows. Read closely Obama does not even come close too deserving this honor. "The abolition or reduction of standing armies" he is adding 300K

"The whole of my remaining realizable estate shall be dealt with in the following way: the capital, invested in safe securities by my executors, shall constitute a fund, the interest on which shall be annually distributed in the form of prizes to those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind. The said interest shall be divided into five equal parts, which shall be apportioned as follows: one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery or invention within the field of physics; one part to the person who shall have made the most important chemical discovery or improvement; one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery within the domain of physiology or medicine;

(and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.)

The prizes for physics and chemistry shall be awarded by the Swedish Academy of Sciences; that for physiology or medical works by the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm; that for literature by the Academy in Stockholm, and that for champions of peace by a committee of five persons to be elected by the Norwegian Storting. It is my express wish that in awarding the prizes no consideration be given to the nationality of the candidates, but that the most worthy shall receive the prize, whether he be Scandinavian or not."

- nplenzick - 12-11-2009

I hope some of you are getting ready for that Palin/Huckabee ticket in 2012.

- Darren - 12-11-2009

dmano wrote:
Quote: for the abolition or reduction of standing armies..."
Don't forget he's helped reduce the size of the Taliban's standing army Smile

- AMoore - 12-14-2009

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Uh Dave....it was GWB and his lying pack of thieves that put us in those wars in the first place. Obama just inherited the mess.

But GW only inherited Clinton's mess b/c he was too busy pulling a Tiger.

If that sounds ridiculous too, then that's the point. How long can this go on? Kudos to Obama (there I said it) for side-stepping an obvious international trap award = no further action. Obviously the NPP award, which was determined within Obama's first 15 days in office (publicly awarded in September), was an attempt to control his future actions. It's like giving me the CEO of the year award in advanceSmile

He is proving to be a decent leader when it comes executing pirates and killing terrorists. Now if he could control the urge to send so many dangerous prisoners to his home state or making history by giving 911 conspirators a public sounding board in NYC it would be even better holiday gift.
Well articulated but I disagree about the part about prosecuting terrorists in our courts. I do not believe that any "sounding board" would result in sympathy for the terrorists or their cause. I think New Yorkers have a right to prosecute these scumbags. Yes, they are the most despicable mass murderers in history. They should be tried in the same manner as Manson, Gacy, Dahmer, etc.

- APXD 30 - 12-14-2009

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Well articulated but I disagree about the part about prosecuting terrorists in our courts. I do not believe that any "sounding board" would result in sympathy for the terrorists or their cause. I think New Yorkers have a right to prosecute these scumbags. Yes, they are the most despicable mass murderers in history. They should be tried in the same manner as Manson, Gacy, Dahmer, etc.

Thanks Aaron. I think we agree in on some but not all points here. NYers need the benefits of the tools to do the job efficiency and effective. Want there struggling states budget does not need is a circus (Khalid Sheikh Mohammed changed his plea to innocent) or to give this guy a sounding board which will certainly be available courtesy of all media. Perhaps this guy will want to terrify others by taking a stand. Eric Holder can even find the stare decisis on this move.

I saw an analysis of Holder's body language a few weeks ago after the initial question (which he surely expected) and as you can see his pause in response, defensive arms, look down, and stutter all show that he might not even agree with the testimony he is about to give. My observation is that Holder thinks differently but his hand was forced to make this decision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG7lm8Sfbo4

- George3 - 12-16-2009

nplenzick wrote:
Quote:Boy, if he's a moron where would you rate GW on the intelligence list?

Hey... I resemble that remark... Tongue