Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- CarreraS - 11-12-2009

You know, I think it must be my Catholic guilt or something, but I have a confession: 

I, too, have given EVERY club to which I have ever belonged a bad name. 

In 3rd grade, I injected steroids into my prize hog in order to win a Blue Ribbon in the 4H Club.

In high school, I called a petite blonde girl from Philadelphia a "redneck" during a Civil Rights debate while I was a member of the Bethlehem Catholic High School Debate Club.

In college, I convinced a new member of the Temple University Latin Club that "Illegitimus non carborundum" translated into "Catch you on the flipside."

Two years ago, during the club championship at Jericho National Golf Club, I threw my opponent's entire golf bag into the pond on the 10th hole after he coughed during my backswing.

And now, I am certain that I've done many things I'm not proud of while driving my vehicles on the highways and byways of the Delaware Valley.

Ahh, I feel better now.  To the critics, "Lighten up, Francis!"; it's just a silly forum.  To the photographer and to Navin....get a life.

- LouZ - 11-12-2009

At least, this got us posting again since the election! Boy...things were DULL around here for a while.

- asher681 - 11-12-2009

Lou, it is was a needed  "dull"  break !!!!  however  considering who the defendant  is, this current topic is great fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Asher RTR VP

- APXD 30 - 11-12-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:The real question is: If the "alleged" agressive driver was in an old Ford Taurus, would the initial poster's ire have risen to quite the same level?

CarreraS wrote:
Quote:You know, I think it must be my Catholic guilt or something, but I have a confession:

I, too, have given EVERY club to which I have ever belonged a bad name.

In 3rd grade, I injected steroids into my prize hog in order to win a Blue Ribbon in the 4H Club.

In high school, I called a petite blonde girl from Philadelphia a "redneck" during a Civil Rights debate while I was a member of the Bethlehem Catholic High School Debate Club.

In college, I convinced a new member of the Temple University Latin Club that "Illegitimus non carborundum" translated into "Catch you on the flipside."

Two years ago, during the club championship at Jericho National Golf Club, I threw my opponent's entire golf bag into the pond on the 10th hole after he coughed during my backswing.

And now, I am certain that I've done many things I'm not proud of while driving my vehicles on the highways and byways of the Delaware Valley.

Ahh, I feel better now. To the critics, "Lighten up, Francis!"; it's just a silly forum. To the photographer and to Navin....get a life.

Wow folks! Judging from the activity on the forum, you can tell it is migration time for RTRs from DE to the web over the winter. I loved these two posts and also the amount of activity/people currently on line.

I too, on occasion, have given a bad name to the club by the two license plates that Jenn & I have on our cars (the Porsches don't have club plates). In my defense, sometimes you gotta let the $%^&* in the minivan (kids in back) who's racing you for no apparent reason what is what. More often you need to feel sorry and let them go.

Rest assured, that car is not who everyone thinks it is. Otherwise the original poster would have been complaining about antifreeze on his windshield instead.Big Grin

- Brian Minkin - 11-12-2009

So lets see.  How many white GT3's do we have in the club.  That starts to narrow it down to a select few. Lets see which one takes credit. Big GrinBig Grin

- Terry - 11-12-2009

Looks like a 996 to me. I'm still living down my open sunroof.

- asher681 - 11-13-2009

I spoke with the offender / defendant  last night he said the "stig" was driving !!!  Could we have uncovered the stigs identity........... Joe Asher 

P.S. we now know why Brian blocked out his face in the side view mirror.........

- Phokaioglaukos - 11-13-2009

Navin R. Johnson: Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

- ccm911 - 11-13-2009

Well, since we are all confessing here, I must admit that it is a minor miracle that my driving has not resulted in my being incarcerated for a long period of time.

While DE taught me a lot, I must admit that my earliest instruction was gleaned from repeated viewings of the "Dukes of Hazzard" in the late seventies.

I would imagine that all RTR members over forty had a similar indoctrination into the art of "defensive driving".

"Just some good old boys.....never meaning no harm...some day the mountain might get them, but the law never will..."Big Grin 

- AMoore - 11-13-2009

Interesting article in this months Motor Trend about how race car drivers drive like little old ladies when they are on public roads.  I would probably relax more on public roads if I made a living driving on the track.