Riesentöter Forums
This guy gives your club a bad name - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: This guy gives your club a bad name (/showthread.php?tid=1984)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- AMoore - 11-19-2009

Porshagod wrote:
Quote:My Front Street story-

diamond blue '57 Chevy that had a worked 396 ci/550 HP, M22 "Rock Crusher" tranny and a 12-bolt Posi w/5:13 gears.

That kinda talk just gets me so excited!Big GrinBig Grin

- Porshagod - 11-20-2009

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Porshagod wrote:
Quote:My Front Street story-

diamond blue '57 Chevy that had a worked 396 ci/550 HP, M22 "Rock Crusher" tranny and a 12-bolt Posi w/5:13 gears.

That kinda talk just gets me so excited!Big GrinBig Grin

'69 396 BBC, bored .30 over, 12.5:1 pop-up pistons, Manley .551 solid lift cam, ported and polished heads, multi-angle valve job, hi-rise Edelbrock intake w/Holly 850 double-pumper carb, Accel dual point distributor and Super Coil, Hooker headers, Lakewood blowproof bellhousing, Zoom multi-disc clutch...

- George3 - 11-20-2009

Porshagod wrote:
Quote:'69 396 BBC, bored .30 over, 12.5:1 pop-up pistons, Manley .551 solid lift cam, ported and polished heads, multi-angle valve job, hi-rise Edelbrock intake w/Holly 850 double-pumper carb, Accel dual point distributor and Super Coil, Hooker headers, Lakewood blowproof bellhousing, Zoom multi-disc clutch...

Wow... add to that... a Hurst Shifter, high rise hood, Cragar Deep Dish Mags (Moons, if you were older), rear air shocks, Panasonic cassette stereo with 6"x9" speakers...

Man, they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Smile

- Porshagod - 11-20-2009

George3 wrote:
Quote:Porshagod wrote:
Quote:'69 396 BBC, bored .30 over, 12.5:1 pop-up pistons, Manley .551 solid lift cam, ported and polished heads, multi-angle valve job, hi-rise Edelbrock intake w/Holly 850 double-pumper carb, Accel dual point distributor and Super Coil, Hooker headers, Lakewood blowproof bellhousing, Zoom multi-disc clutch...

Wow... add to that... a Hurst Shifter, high rise hood, Cragar Deep Dish Mags (Moons, if you were older), rear air shocks, Panasonic cassette stereo with 6"x9" speakers...

Man, they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Smile

Hurst shifter w/T-handle, yes, Cragar S/S Mags w/Mickey Thompson "Indy Profile" tires, yes (but they came later), vertical mount Hi-Jacker air shocks, yes, Pioneer Super-Tuner 8-track stereo and Pyramid power booster w/7-band EQ and 6" X 9" co-axial's rear & 5 1/2's in kick panels, yes, dash mounted Auto Meter tach, yes, Olds 442 bucket seats and center console, yes, Little Tree "Royal Pine" air freshener, yes...

- dmano - 11-20-2009

And now you drive a Porsche? What happened!

- LouZ - 11-20-2009

dmano wrote:
Quote:And now you drive a Porsche? What happened!
He saw THE LIGHT!

- Porshagod - 11-20-2009

LouZ wrote:
Quote:dmano wrote:
Quote:And now you drive a Porsche? What happened!
He saw THE LIGHT!
I guess I "evolved"!

Started with American muscle cars, then drag racing, then sports cars, then sports car racing, then sports car concours, now just sports car driving...

- JAllen0385 - 12-01-2009

As the original poster of this photo, I thought it was about time to return to the forum to read the responses.

Frankly, I am somewhat disappointed by the near total lack of condemnation.  Rather, most of you surrounded and defended this guy like Nixon’s, Reagan’s and Clinton’s minions defended them.  What is this guy . . . a president?  Some even question the validity of my claim.  I suppose if I had video, that wouldn’t satisfy you either.  So the offender must either be the president or OJ.

No, I am not a member of your club, nor any other car club.  I am neither jealous of your cars nor do I drive a minivan.  I am just a guy who observed an act of blatant stupidity that endangered himself and others.  When I came up behind him at the stop sign I took a photo, because his actions were so asinine that I wanted to remember him, should our paths ever cross again.  A day or two later, after looking at the photo, I noticed the unique license plate linking the offender to your organization.  Then a simple Google led me to your website and this forum.  So after reading everyone’s posts, please indulge me for one minute as I get on my soapbox.

You choose to drive an automobile that screams “look at me.�?  You add a vanity license plate that links you to a community based upon the same automobile.  You are certainly aware of the unflattering stereotype that a portion of society holds towards drivers of your automobile (porcupine).  Yet with the exception of Catchacab’s first post, the community can’t bring itself to even criticize one of its own for actions reinforcing that stereotype. 

Sadly, members of your community who posted without critique seem to include club members of some responsibility, including the club VP, Treasurer and “PCA Nationally Trained DE Instructor�? (whatever that means.)

After being disappointed by your posts, I took the liberty of further perusing your website.  There I found your bylaws.  Have any of you read them?

“The primary purposes of the Riesentoter Region, Porsche Club of America, Inc. are to promote greater automobile safety in and around the community . . . .�?

And: “To maintain the highest standards of courtesy and safety on and off the road.�?

And finally: “. . . and to enhance the public image of sports car and Porsche car enthusiasts in general.�?

Those are some fine stories you’ve posted in this thread.  You should all be proud of yourselves and the image you project of your club.

Yes, maybe I do need a life.  As do all of you.  So now I’ll drive off in my nondescript automobile, hoping not to witness any more near-tragedies.

- JoeP - 12-01-2009

Actually, Mr/Ms Allen, your original post affected me in a different way.  When I saw the picture, my first thought was "There, but for the grace of God, go I."  I rarely indulge in the type of behavior you witnessed.  However, on occasion, I have been more than unkind to overly aggressive or impolite drivers while behind the wheel.  I'm sorry, but I see red.

Shortly after your post, some A-hole Lexus drove down the shoulder and tried to slice into traffic in front of me.  I asked whether I would be proud to see my picture in the RTR Forum after executing a ballet-like PIT manouver that sent the prick into the guard rail.

I said, "No", and let the m_t_e_f_c_e_ go without a dangerous test of will and testosterone.

Thank you.

- asher681 - 12-02-2009

Just a reminder.... the election is over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great to share some humor on the forum....Joe Asher RTR VP