Riesentöter Forums
Hatred thy name is SEPTA - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Hatred thy name is SEPTA (/showthread.php?tid=1996)

Pages: 1 2

- ccm911 - 11-04-2009

Took me two hours to get home last night.  Packed like cattle in a standing room only train car.  That was fun.

And this morning, I left early, as I had to dop off the BMW at Jay Winsor's shop in Rosemont.  I dropped the keys in the drop box and walked over to the station, only to be greeted by an announcement that all service had been suspended.  So here I am with no car(shop was closed, and my keys were inside), and aparently, no ride to work.  More fun.  So a train actually did show up, so I was left with no choice other than to get in and wait.  And wait.......for about two hours!  I guess you can't do much when there is a train burning on the tracks by the Overbrook station.  Luckily, my friend Will had just dropped off a care package of car magazines from which I fortuitiously  had selected two to throw in my bag.  Rest assured, I can now tell you what any car went for at auction this past spring.  The wait was so long that I actually had to lower myself and read about muscle car values.  Now that is desperate!

So as we wrap up the year of 2009, I see myself situated between douchy Corporate filth that robs us continuously, and douchy Union Labor that robs us continuously.  At this point, is there anything left for us folks in the middle?

This country seems to be going to hell in a handbasket!  

- Larry Herman - 11-04-2009

How about douchy Politicians who promise us the world, and continually deliver nothing?

- ccm911 - 11-04-2009

Do you mean all of them?Big Grin

- Larry Herman - 11-04-2009

For the one or 2 good ones out there, I say toss them all.  I will miss Fast Eddie though. Sad

- Porshagod - 11-04-2009

Or people that are fortunate enough to own a Porsche, BMW and a motorcycle, yet still find time to complain about transportation! Big Grin

- ccm911 - 11-04-2009

Larry Herman wrote:
Quote:For the one or 2 good ones out there, I say toss them all. I will miss Fast Eddie though. Sad
Probably you and Maureen are the only two.

- Darren - 11-04-2009

Chris when you're an old man are you going to be like the guy down my street calling the township because I have too many cars?

- APXD 30 - 11-04-2009

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Took me two hours to get home last night. Packed like cattle in a standing room only train car. That was fun.

And this morning, I left early, as I had to dop off the BMW at Jay Winsor's shop in Rosemont. I dropped the keys in the drop box and walked over to the station, only to be greeted by an announcement that all service had been suspended. So here I am with no car(shop was closed, and my keys were inside), and aparently, no ride to work. More fun. So a train actually did show up, so I was left with no choice other than to get in and wait. And wait.......for about two hours! I guess you can't do much when there is a train burning on the tracks by the Overbrook station. Luckily, my friend Will had just dropped off a care package of car magazines from which I fortuitiously had selected two to throw in my bag. Rest assured, I can now tell you what any car went for at auction this past spring. The wait was so long that I actually had to lower myself and read about muscle car values. Now that is desperate!

So as we wrap up the year of 2009, I see myself situated between douchy Corporate filth that robs us continuously, and douchy Union Labor that robs us continuously. At this point, is there anything left for us folks in the middle?

This country seems to be going to hell in a handbasket!
Could this single post be the rebirth of Chris' Der Gasser column?

PS- Post number 500!

- ccm911 - 11-04-2009

Has anyone read this month's Der Gasser?

- asher681 - 11-04-2009

YES  great article, welcome back !!!!

When I started reading your post my first thought was that your BMW was the only mode of transportation  not in your garage in pieces !!!!  Hopefully Jay will not add it to your garage's "collection " .....

Good luck with your POV's & SEPTA,   Joe Asher RTR VP