Riesentöter Forums
Is two greater than one - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Is two greater than one (/showthread.php?tid=2000)

Pages: 1 2

- Brian Minkin - 11-05-2009

My two cents.  Taking the reference for last Wed. of the month meetings out of the bylaws and having the bylaws just call for a monthly membership meeting 10 months out of the year makes sense and gives us more flexibility.  Dealerships probably would not be interested in hosting weekend meetings as they tend to be busy with customers on Saturdays and they are closed Sunday.  The same would probably be true of tire dealers and independent repair shops. During the driving season our calendar of events is frequently filled up with DE, AX, rally, concours and touring/social events on weekends so adding a membership meeting to the mix may have it compete with other events.  Off season is a different story. When I was president I made a sincere effort to plan events so that they did not compete with another club event.  All this requires a lot of coordination and advanced planning on the part of the exec.

- asher681 - 11-05-2009

Brian, I spoke with Graham yesterday regrading a calendar for 2010...  We will start planning at the exec meeting next weekend, I would like to see a chronological calendar with all RTR events  on 1 page in future  der gassrs....  See you at NJMP....Joe Asher RTR VP

- Brian Minkin - 11-05-2009

asher681 wrote:
Quote:Brian, I spoke with Graham yesterday regrading a calendar for 2010... We will start planning at the exec meeting next weekend, I would like to see a chronological calendar with all RTR events on 1 page in future der gassrs.... See you at NJMP....Joe Asher RTR VP

That is great Joe. In the past years the VP kept a complete calendar of all club events. A copy of this was distributed to all the exec once a month. In those years both the web site and Dergasser contained a chronological calendar of all events that was copied from the master calendar kept by the VP.

Are you coming down to NJMP this weekend? Looks like the best weather we have seen at NJMP in a long time.

- Porshagod - 11-07-2009

There's appears to be a simple solution to this question.
Next year, let's try to schedule more of our meetings and have more events centrally located (geographically) that will be more convenient to the MAJORITY of the members, like we used to. We should try to make it just as easy for someone from say, the Allentown area or the Cherry Hill area, to attend the same meeting or event.
The Board does its best to try to accommodate all its members. Now that they're aware of our concerns, I'm confident they'll act accordingly.
In my opinion, to split the club is overkill.

- George3 - 11-11-2009

Porshagod wrote:
Quote:The Board does its best to try to accommodate all its members. Now that they're aware of our concerns, I'm confident they'll act accordingly.

Right.

- betegh9 - 11-12-2009

Hey George! What's included inside?............... some nice ride?

- George3 - 11-12-2009

Nick,

It's loaded.  Don't know if you saw it at MAW.
I'm putting together a bunch of pics and complete build sheet.
I'll post it up next week.

After having serveral trailers, you get to know what you're doing (LOL) .  Big Grin

And, believe me, this was custom ordered right.  

- arena - 10-17-2011

Brian Minkin wrote:
Quote:I think size does matter. Our region is able to have a top notch DE program, AX program and many other driving events each year. We publish a valued publication that our members enjoy reading to keep up with club activities. Smaller regions are not able to offer their members a menu of events like we now offer. Their news letters are nothing note worthy. They are primarily a social club and theirs members have to reach out to other larger regions to be involved in driving events. Some like Delaware are able to put on one DE a year but depend on drivers and instructors from other regions to make the event successful. So yes in the PCA sense "Size Does Matter".
hear hear!