Riesentöter Forums
Holberts gone? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Holberts gone? (/showthread.php?tid=2043)

Pages: 1 2

- nplenzick - 12-16-2009

Word on the street says the Thompson Organization has bought Holberts. Anybody know if that's true?

- TwentySix - 12-17-2009

Yes, it's true....

- nplenzick - 12-17-2009

Personally I'm glad to hear it. I can't say that I have ever had a string of good experiences there out of the several cars that I have purchased from them.  After my last purchase of our A4 I swore I would never do business with them again especially after Bob Holbert died and the firing of long time employees that followed shortly thereafter. The Thompson Organization is a first class act. Headed by Jack Thompson who I might add is a real car guy and a person who has done much for his community. I would expect that this "new" dealership to be a first class act and I would also expect that RTR members to benefit by it in the future.    

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-17-2009

I would hate to see that great name disappear.

- nplenzick - 12-17-2009

That name started to disappear when Al was killed and it pretty much completely disappeared when Mr. Holbert died. It never appeared to me that the current family who was running the business  were really auto enthusiasts and the lack of customer service was truly astounding.  So it pleases me to see this dealership in the hands of a first class businessman and enthusiast.      

- APXD 30 - 12-17-2009

Agreed on the name and they support the club through advertising, door prizes, and tech facilities.  Hopefully that will continue.    I would have strongly considered them for a VW.

Jim Sangiorgio @ Knopf has my Porsche and Audi (currently between those) needs locked up with great prices and impeccably (not inexpensive) service.   Plug for a buddySmile

- 962103 - 12-18-2009

Nick,

Looks to me as if the service that you have received from Holberts from Feb 06 until your last service in Sept 09 couldn't have been that bad because I show 17 repair orders in that time span. Anyone that knows the inner working of this dealer knows that they will bend over backwards for there customers, as for the employee's that where lost after Mr. Holberts passing it was time for change. As the purchase goes forward with the Thompson Organization this will put these 3 franchise's back on the map in this area they do run a 1st class operation and the current employees look forward to change that is going to be brought in.

RC

- Phokaioglaukos - 12-18-2009

962103 wrote:
Quote:Nick,

Looks to me as if the service that you have received from Holberts from Feb 06 until your last service in Sept 09 couldn't have been that bad because I show 17 repair orders in that time span. Anyone that knows the inner working of this dealer knows that they will bend over backwards for there customers, as for the employee's that where lost after Mr. Holberts passing it was time for change. As the purchase goes forward with the Thompson Organization this will put these 3 franchise's back on the map in this area they do run a 1st class operation and the current employees look forward to change that is going to be brought in.

RC

Is this someone at Holberts posting publicly information about a customer's service history? If so, I think that inappropriate.

- nplenzick - 12-18-2009

962103 wrote:
Quote:Nick,

Looks to me as if the service that you have received from Holberts from Feb 06 until your last service in Sept 09 couldn't have been that bad because I show 17 repair orders in that time span. Anyone that knows the inner working of this dealer knows that they will bend over backwards for there customers, as for the employee's that where lost after Mr. Holberts passing it was time for change. As the purchase goes forward with the Thompson Organization this will put these 3 franchise's back on the map in this area they do run a 1st class operation and the current employees look forward to change that is going to be brought in.

RC
Quote:You would think after 17 visits on a car that's not quite 4 years old with 36 K that they would get it right. Further more it's not only inappropriate but very well might be illegal to post private information on a public forum. Something sir, that I can assuredly will be looking into.

- CarreraS - 12-18-2009

As a customer of both the Porsche & Audi side of Holbert's, I completely agree that it is totally inappropriate to post confidential information from customer service records on the forum.

I've been happy with our purchases and services that were rendered by the dealership, but I would still be pretty pissed if somebody accessed my records and posted how many times I've had my car serviced there, or what I paid, etc. NOT COOL!