Riesentöter Forums
Take back our country - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Take back our country (/showthread.php?tid=2073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- emayer - 01-12-2010

Here's a recent David vs. Goliath story that typifies the current state of matters:

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/108550/nurse-outduels-irs-over-mba-tuition?mod=taxes-advice_strategy

It enlightens a few points:

1.  How disengaged, intrusive, and onerous our gov't bureaucracies are.  The treatment this person received is not much different than what the colonists endured under British rule!

2.  How a well-informed and gutsy citizen has the potential to make things change.

Now imagine this on a large scale...... 

- nplenzick - 01-12-2010

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:So what is the next move?

There's only one move really. You get involved with the political process. YOU run for the office of your choosing. It's done all the time. Somebodies husband/wife/ child gets killed by some drunk driver, child molester, serial killer or whatever . That person becomes disenfranchised with the legal system that they run for office in the hopes of changing a law that they think is totally unfair and most of the time they seem to accomplish just that.

What I see here and other online forums is nothing but a lot of rhetoric on what should or shouldn't be done, let's send tea bags, let's sight in our 30.06 at the range, prepare for the invasion and the such. If that gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside good for you, however it really accomplishes nothing until YOU decide to do something. That means putting up YOUR MONEY, YOUR TIME, AND YOUR VALUES on the line for all too see and criticize. Until YOU do that postings like this are nothing more then Bull$hit.

- dmano - 01-12-2010

nplenzick wrote:
Quote: Somebodies husband/wife/ child gets killed by some drunk driver, child molester, serial killer or whatever . That person becomes disenfranchised with the legal system that they run for office in the hopes of changing a law that they think is totally unfair and most of the time they seem to accomplish just that.
So when you flatten you head on the road from not having a helmet on while riding your BMW (snicker) does that mean your wife or family member will go into office to bring back the helmet law that should have never been removed in the first place? You choose not to have a helmet on your noggin and I have to pay the hospital bill because my insurance rate has increased from the helmet law. I will never ride without a helmet had too many crashes on the road from poor drivers 3 to date and I am still here. 6 concussions to date is not a good thing. You should never ride without a helmet.

- dmano - 01-12-2010

My 3c

- ccm911 - 01-12-2010

Dave, you are a funny guy!

Check out what Nick is wearing in his picture...full body armour!

I would bet anything that he always wears a helmet.

Although, I too am annoyed at having to ay higher insurance rates just so some piece of suburban whitebread can go out and play hardass on his Harley.

- nplenzick - 01-12-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:nplenzick wrote:
Quote: Somebodies husband/wife/ child gets killed by some drunk driver, child molester, serial killer or whatever . That person becomes disenfranchised with the legal system that they run for office in the hopes of changing a law that they think is totally unfair and most of the time they seem to accomplish just that.
6 concussions to date is not a good thing.
That explains a lot!

- nplenzick - 01-12-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:nplenzick wrote:
So when you flatten you head on the road from not having a helmet on while riding your BMW (snicker) does that mean your wife or family member will go into office to bring back the helmet law that should have never been removed in the first place? You choose not to have a helmet on your noggin and I have to pay the hospital bill because my insurance rate has increased from the helmet law. I will never ride without a helmet had too many crashes on the road from poor drivers 3 to date and I am still here. 6 concussions to date is not a good thing. You should never ride without a helmet.
So what makes you think I ride without a helmet? Oh, is there something wrong riding a BMW motorcycle? Jealous maybe? Any comments on some of the cars people show in their profile? Here's a little education for you. It was pretty much the right wing / motorcycle rider who bitched and complained about the helmet laws here in this state and others. You know it's my right to do what I want , you can't tell me what to do, it's my life and if I want to splatter my head into the pavement and be a vegetable you can't stop me! It's a free country isn't it? Isn't that what your trying to promote in your political postings on this forum?

- dmano - 01-12-2010

Why, are you just posing in the picture like you are riding without a helmet or do you ride with one or not. If not your a fool, that is why my bike insurance is sooooo high now. If you do then great. I'll let you slide. As far as the Bmrrr there just..... Have not seen a Bmrr rider without the Bmrr flip helmet, body suit, boots , gloves and so on.  Not one yet..please prove me wrong.  Does BMW give you all the gear when you buy one. Can't be your own person have to follow the lead or what, just as bad as Hardley riders. But it is a multi million dollar business, biker clothes.

now I'm up to 10c can't keep this up I wil be broke

- dmano - 01-12-2010

- AMoore - 01-12-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:Why, are you just posing in the picture like you are riding without a helmet or do you ride with one or not. If not your a fool, that is why my bike insurance is sooooo high now. If you do then great. I'll let you slide. As far as the Bmrrr there just..... Have not seen a Bmrr rider without the Bmrr flip helmet, body suit, boots , gloves and so on. Not one yet..please prove me wrong. Does BMW give you all the gear when you buy one. Can't be your own person have to follow the lead or what, just as bad as Hardley riders. But it is a multi million dollar business, biker clothes.

now I'm up to 10c can't keep this up I wil be broke

BMW, Harley? Here is a real bike for a real man! Vintage baby, and all mine!

[Image: FDBDOWN.ASP?1029]