Riesentöter Forums
RTR Concours - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Concours (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: RTR Concours (/showthread.php?tid=2111)

Pages: 1 2

- shark sandwich - 01-24-2010

Hello All,

The latest Der Gasser mentioned a possible RTR Concours. Is this going to happen ? As someone that competes in Concours events and doesn't care about DE, I got excited when I read this.
I have a P-car that I compete in national concours with, and has won it's class in every major event it's been entered in, the latest being the Hemmings New England Concours D'Elegance last July (See Hemmings Oct ' 09, Pg 38 for me, my bad dental work, and the car !).
In addition, I'm also a FCA (Ferrari Club of America) Judge, and compete in FCA events with my 308 when I'm not judging.
I'd love to either compete, judge, or mow the lawn at the event, I'm not too proud. Is this event already planned, and do I e mail someone in particular about it ? I've already E mailed Graham and Joe.

Thanks,

Art Mason goto11@ptd.net Macungie PA

- emayer - 01-24-2010

Hi Art,

Nice collection of cars you have, and I think your expertise in the field will be very well received.  I know nothing about Concours myself, but have a candidate P-car.  I would also be interested in learning more and helping in an event if there is sufficient interest.  This is not a bad avenue also for the club to broaden charitable donations and recognition even further.  At the very least, can I suggest (beg!) a Der Gasser article on the subject?

Hi Eric,

I'd be happy to write an article on my experiences doing these events. Whether it's a PCA or an FCA event or otherwise, if the event is being judged (I.E., not a "People's Choice" type), it's all about originality and playing to the car's strengths in preparation for judging ... in addition of course to having a good car to start with. 

Incidentally, your 928S4, now that it is more than 20 years old, qualifies to compete in an additional/different category under PCA rules now, if you so desire.

I do a lot of driving along the back roads along the south mountain ridge in upper and lower Saucon, I'd love to see your 450SLC, one of MB's more interesting and exotic ventures during the 70's ...

Art 

- porsh111214 - 01-24-2010

Okay,

Art has started something,  I would like to throw my hat into the ring about the Concours'.  I have competed in other region's events and I am proud of my car placing.  I would be very, very interested in learning the procedure for becoming a qualified judge and helping RTR.  I have experience with 914, 911/912, 924 and 944. If all else fails I can run the broom behind Art's grass cutting efforts!Big Grin

porsh111214 wrote:
Quote:Okay,

Art has started something, I would like to throw my hat into the ring about the Concours'. I have competed in other region's events and I am proud of my car placing. I would be very, very interested in learning the procedure for becoming a qualified judge and helping RTR. I have experience with 914, 911/912, 924 and 944. If all else fails I can run the broom behind Art's grass cutting efforts!Big Grin

Chris my friend, I would be honored to perform greens-keeping duties with you anytime !!

Art

- porsh111214 - 01-24-2010

Back Atcha, Art!!

- emayer - 01-25-2010

shark sandwich wrote:
Quote:

Hi Eric,

I'd be happy to write an article on my experiences doing these events. Whether it's a PCA or an FCA event or otherwise, if the event is being judged (I.E., not a "People's Choice" type), it's all about originality and playing to the car's strengths in preparation for judging ... in addition of course to having a good car to start with.

Incidentally, your 928S4, now that it is more than 20 years old, qualifies to compete in an additional/different category under PCA rules now, if you so desire.

I do a lot of driving along the back roads along the south mountain ridge in upper and lower Saucon, I'd love to see your 450SLC, one of MB's more interesting and exotic ventures during the 70's ...

Art

As the newbie, I should be rendering greens-keeping duties!

I actually live on the south mountain ridge in Lower Saucon, though a bit east of Hellertown. Great back roads once the cinders have cleared! I'm sure we've seen each other in passing before. The 450 SLC is an interesting car given to me by my father who brought it over from Germany as a factor delivery in 1974. This version is a bit rare as it is carburetored, all others having converted to fuel injection when the oil crisis hit shortly thereafter. They don't build 'em like this anymore, as it seems to be chiseled from solid granite and is indestructible (hence the series nickname- Panzer!). Not the most exciting driving dynamics but for long journeys (especially above 85 mph) the car is one of the most comfortable out there.

Come Spring, we should get a few of us out there for a drive.

- asher681 - 01-25-2010

ALL,  YES!!! we are starting a concours program.   Lee Giannone & Debbie Cooper will be leading the charge/ committee.  We will be discussing this topic at the exec mtg on the 21st of Feburary & having a "class" & discussion at the member meeting on 27th of March at Douhgerty's new shop. (9am)    P.S. stay tuned for upcoming info via the forum & a e-mail  blast.

GREAT  to hear all the interest, see everyone @ Dougherty's,  Joe Asher RTR VP

- Porshagod - 02-07-2010

In all ways, count me in! Big Grin

- porsh111214 - 06-16-2010