Riesentöter Forums
Worst instructor ever! - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Worst instructor ever! (/showthread.php?tid=2124)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Darren - 02-03-2010

All I can say is wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwa9TMG63fM

- bobt993 - 02-04-2010

A really good example of someone who should not be an instructor.   It is possible to be an okay driver, but a great instructor.   The biggest problem in that scenario is when the student is faster than the instructor because of ability or car performance.   This situation was likely a combination of both and included a very unprofessional approach.  The line was not bad or rough for that matter.  I hope the guy continued to go to the track despite his experience that day.   Hopefully the instructor was removed from the program and examined for his own ability to drive/instruct.

- Lainey - 02-04-2010

He didn't cry! LOL (inside joke)

- emayer - 02-05-2010

Whoa!

Credit goes to the driver for not only handling the car well, but he did a great job containing himself also.  We're damn lucky in this club with our instructor cadre, realizing that it requires not only driver skill and experience, but an appropriate demeanor also.  One can appreciate how tough that can be when sitting next to a stranger barrelling along at these speeds.

- George3 - 02-05-2010

I feel sorry for the student, particularly if it was one of his first events.
He probably didn't know any better and must have thought all instructors
behave like drill Sergeants.
Hopefully, a more even keeled instructor was assigned to him later.

- michael lang - 02-05-2010

I chuckled in the beginning of the video after the instructor was briefing the student and he said "if i get scared I'll yell out, slow down asshole!". I had an instructor like that once. It was my very first track day at a FATT event. As soon as the instructor sat down in my car, he depressed the clutch pedal and said "Whoa, I have to drive this fu*^&$g thing!" Now mind you this was my very first track day, my expectations were basically to get my car back into my garage in the same condition that it was in at the beginning of the day, and I had a complete stranger calling my car a POS. So instead of getting upset or frustrated I listened to what he had to say and followed directions. By the end of the day, John turned out to be an outstanding instructor.

I had a feeling that when that instructor said he was just going to sit there and let the student drive and would give him suggestions at the end of the session progressed that he wasn't going to sit there and keep his mouth shut.

- JimWirt - 02-05-2010

I look back and feel bad for my instructor the first time out. NO clue and sliding the car all over the place. Poor guy! Thank God for slow cars.

- Tony356993 - 02-05-2010

what an a-hole. i thought the driver did a good job for his 1st event but i would have had him slow down a bit. no need for tire squeeling on the out lap in de.

my very 1st event and my very 1st instructor was not much better then this poor guys. it was very obvious to me that my instructor didn't give a dam about me, my beloved boxster or teaching. i was completely overwhelmed and in sensory overload (at pocono - yes pocono) and had no idea where i should be and what i should do but the only subject he could talk about was himself.

my 1st event was almost my last but i had already paid for my 2nd event and thought i'd give it another try. thank god ed kovalevich was my 2nd instructor. before taking some time off of racing and de last year, i would still have ed ride with me to give me pointers.

congrats pca AND rtr for the quality of the majority of their instruction.

- KennyB - 02-05-2010

That whole exchange is so bizarre. I thought maybe it was scripted, to be a joke for youtubers. Could real instructors be that bad?

I would think that once word got back to the sponsoring organization, he'd be out of instructing

- stentech1 - 02-05-2010

This is the reason we are very careful about having outside (non PCA certified) instructors. If this guy were to instruct with rtr I hope the student would bring it to the attention of the CI. It is very important that all of out event participants leave after the event and say RTR  puts on a great event. It is up to all of our instructors to provide the students with a positive experience.  Its a competitive market for track events out there so it is up to all of us to make new participants to feel welcome no matter how they drive (unless their unsafe) We have some people that are running with us now that were painfully slow but now are great drivers, much of this is due to the exceptional talent of our instructors. In the class room last year I let students know if they are having any issues with their instructors then there may be another that they will mesh with. I am happy to say I had no one that requested an instructor change.  I almost question if it was a spoof.

Steve Meenan