Riesentöter Forums
GT3 VS Z06 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: GT3 VS Z06 (/showthread.php?tid=214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Brian Minkin - 03-06-2007

As someone who works with cars every day I would have to comment that the build quality of GM and Ford has caught up with the rest of the world.  And the engineering of the newest Ford products is world class. Chrysler is a different song.  I think Ford can pull themselves out of their troubles and compete in the market.  The other two..well I would not perdict their demise but it will be a long struggle to maintain market share anywhere near what they had.  The market is only going to get tougher with Cherry coming in from China soon with very competitive products. I will also add that the build quality of the foriegn brands assembled in the USA is not a good as the units built in their home county, but they have good engineering and dependibility and a superior reputation to glide on.

- betegh9 - 03-06-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:AMoore wrote:
Quote:There are some great postings in this thread relating to promotion and driving technique. Such postings, however, would better serve interested members if they were not part of the Z06 v. GT3 thread.
OK, then back to the comparison. Can the Americans actually produce a car that will be rattle free five years down the road? I think not. Can the Americans make a tasteful interior, using quality materials? I think not. America should stick to technology, farming and manufacturing, while leaving the production of transportation devices to the Europeans, who are far superior in this aspect.

Other than wheat and corn, we are importing all the vegetables from central and south America. Manufacturing is going to China.

- stentech - 03-06-2007

We have blown up 2 space shuttles this is not the best example of things the US  builds well. I don't know of a european truck that can be driven everyday and can effortlessly pull a car trailer at 90mph. Trucks we got it, cars we will get there some day. Adult film stars we got them and they are second to none.

- catchacab - 03-07-2007

Although too small for most enclosed trailers, a Cayenne S or Turbo works well for open trailers at more than 90 mph.

- betegh9 - 03-07-2007

If you like to drive a car (truck) with a trailer at 90+ MPH, let me know so I can stay OFF the road that day!

American thinking: lets take the camper, trailer, 3 TVs and the biggest gas guzzler to pull all that.

European thinking: Lets get in the car and GO!

When I was at the Tampa Parade, there was a man that trailered a 914 Porsche with a VW Jetta from Ohio. Didn't go 90 MPH, but he made it at the normal speed limits.

By the way, isn't this supose to be the GT3 vs. ZO6 thread?

- Racingswh - 03-07-2007

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:If you like to drive a car (truck) with a trailer at 90+ MPH, let me know so I can stay OFF the road that day!

lol! He only does it in traffic when he blends in with everyone else on the way to events.

I thought it was a nice steady 105 mph?

- Wellardmac - 03-07-2007

stentech wrote:
Quote:Trucks we got it, cars we will get there some day. Adult film stars we got them and they are second to none.

Nah! Europeans do that better also. American adult film stars are cookie cutter blonds with fake boobs. Wink

- smankow - 03-07-2007

Wellardmac wrote:
Quote: American adult film stars are cookie cutter blonds with fake boobs. Wink
boy, you make that seem like a bad thing

- Wellardmac - 03-07-2007

Hey, variety is the spice of life. Wink

- jakp993 - 03-07-2007

Quote:Nah! Europeans do that better also. American adult film stars are cookie cutter blonds with fake boobs. Wink
Hey - wait a minute - who's monitoring this board.  Isn't this meant to be G - rated?? Carol reads this stuff Tongue