Riesentöter Forums
April Spring Fling: A Drive to kick off the Season? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Touring (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: April Spring Fling: A Drive to kick off the Season? (/showthread.php?tid=216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Wellardmac - 01-01-2007

The idea of an April Spring Fling drive to kick of the start to the driving season has been raised. I don't see why not and am quite looking forward to getting the car back on the road.

I propose either April 14th or 21st. Can anyone think of anything that conflicts with either of these dates? My guess is that weather closer to the date will dictate the final choice of date.

The Hersey Swap meeting is on April 28th, so that conflicts with the Summit meet, but not with a potential drive.

Let me know if this is a reasonable proposal and any suggestions for the route. I've dropped a note to Ken Souser to see if I can get suggestions from him for a Bucks County circuit.

I'd like to know answers to the following:
Preferred date
Preferred length of drive
Any other preferences

- Tony356993 - 01-06-2007

April 14th is the Holbert's Tech session.

Ken runs great events. He really picks out great roads and there is always plenty of driving, plenty of food, and an occasional adult beverage at the end of the day.

I prefer a rally/tour to be at least 60 miles. Sometimes these "runs" can be a bit short. Just MHO.

If they work within my drug pushing schedule and DE Schedule, I'm in!

- Wellardmac - 01-06-2007

Thanks - good to now about the tech session - I need to put those in the calendar. We can aim for the Sunday then... get your car inspected, then come for a run with me. Smile

The November run that I did was around 45 miles one way (then around 30 miles back), so that would have worked for you. Smile

I'll try and find another pretty run out on the back roads that works... knowing to aim for around 60 miles help me gauge what people are up for.

Thanks for the feedback Tony.

Sun the 15th works for me.

- Wellardmac - 01-06-2007

Although, I'll still be waiting for that ride in your 356 that you promised me. Smile

- 356D - 04-02-2008

I haven't spent a lot of time looking, but the answer is not readily apparent. Has the route map been posted somewhere?  I may be interested if I can get the frog up to snuff by the time of this drive.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. I found the other thread on this. But the route map isn't posted, is it?

- Wellardmac - 04-06-2008

No, the route isn't posted. I give it out at the driver's meeting on the morning of the drive.

Don't worry - most of the time you're following the crowd anyway. The route is just in case you get lost. It's good to have a navigator in case you're separated from the pack, but otherwise you'll be fine.

- 356D - 04-19-2008

HEY! Where'd you guys go? Confusedhock:

Our merry band got separated from the group.... Never saw the red barn. Ended up in EASTON!!!!

We found our way back to Nockamixon park, but the group had apparently already left there....

A pit stop, and the rest of the group took off....

It was fun while it lasted.Cool

- Wellardmac - 04-19-2008

Sorry we lost you on 611. We managed to keep most of the group - how many were with you? We thought we lost maybe 5 cars before Lake Nockamixon.