Riesentöter Forums
NJMP Thunderbolt (Schattenbaum), March 20-21st - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: NJMP Thunderbolt (Schattenbaum), March 20-21st (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- fasthonda - 03-23-2010

hey nick!  nice seeing you this weekend!!!

my other client, whit, has an ST-2 class (now ST-1 for 2010) EVO that we raced against the NASA NE guys up at Watkins Glen last year.  we got whit's down to a 2:05 up there, and that was without a front splitter (it got destroyed on the first day during testing!  ha ha!).   George's EVO will be capable of those laptimes, once we get it completely sorted out this year (we're off to a good start!).

whit's EVO should be knocking right on 2:00 flat this year;  we'll find out this weekend at VIR what it can really do now (VIR Full and the Glen have very close relative laptimes;  usually within a sec or so).  we're gonna shake down whit's evo on friday, and hopefully have it good to go for the ST-1 races on sat and sun!!!!  :dude:

oh, and i'll be driving a freshly built Redline Time Attack street tire class EVO this friday at VIR;  just finished its build today, actually!  i'll be driving it for a client this year at most of the east coast Redline Time Attacks;  we'll see how that one goes (hopefully really fast!  Smile  )

- Darren - 03-23-2010

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:George,
Nasa NE has a few VERY, very fasr EVOS. They race in the GTS unlimited. Go and visit with them......... Why re invent the wheel?
Don't forget Todd Reidspeed Reid is involved with that car. I don't think there is any guessing going on.

- betegh9 - 03-23-2010

Todd, Seems like you are having loads of fun........ do youy have any time for WORK?(work is also a 4 letter word)Big GrinBig Grin

fasthonda wrote:
Quote:hey nick! nice seeing you this weekend!!!

my other client, whit, has an ST-2 class (now ST-1 for 2010) EVO that we raced against the NASA NE guys up at Watkins Glen last year. we got whit's down to a 2:05 up there, and that was without a front splitter (it got destroyed on the first day during testing! ha ha!). George's EVO will be capable of those laptimes, once we get it completely sorted out this year (we're off to a good start!).

whit's EVO should be knocking right on 2:00 flat this year; we'll find out this weekend at VIR what it can really do now (VIR Full and the Glen have very close relative laptimes; usually within a sec or so). we're gonna shake down whit's evo on friday, and hopefully have it good to go for the ST-1 races on sat and sun!!!! :dude:

oh, and i'll be driving a freshly built Redline Time Attack street tire class EVO this friday at VIR; just finished its build today, actually! i'll be driving it for a client this year at most of the east coast Redline Time Attacks; we'll see how that one goes (hopefully really fast! Smile )

- JimWirt - 03-23-2010

Gene it was neat to see you pass me into the octopus and then slide off into the grass with that thing. I really tried to lift and be hospitable. Hope you didn't get mad at me.

- betegh9 - 03-23-2010

Geeez!  I've never seen this forum this busy in my LIFE!Confusedhock:

- Darren - 03-23-2010

JimWirt wrote:
Quote:Gene it was neat to see you pass me into the octopus and then slide off into the grass with that thing. I really tried to lift and be hospitable. Hope you didn't get mad at me.
*cough* he called her a thing!

- Gene - 03-23-2010

JimWirt wrote:
Quote:Gene it was neat to see you pass me into the octopus and then slide off into the grass with that thing. I really tried to lift and be hospitable. Hope you didn't get mad at me.
Yeah it's always embarrassing when you pass someone and then go off the track. I was driving a little faster than I should have been in my first session in 5 months....

- Darren - 03-23-2010

Gene wrote:
Quote:
Yeah it's always embarrassing when you pass someone and then go off the track. I was driving a little faster than I should have been in my first session in 5 months....
I used to love to do that to Emrick -- give him a late pass and then see if he can stay on the track Smile One time at VIR he went off in T4 that way passing me and then set the grass on fire! The next lap I'm thinking, there is a fire there! hehe

- JimWirt - 03-23-2010

I'm sorry Her.

- MikeKling - 03-25-2010

WOW!, our forum is busy.  Last time it was this busy we had anonymous bloggers   and amateur paparazzi chasing candidates thru Bucks County.  I'm glad to see all that unpleasantness melted away with the snow.

Happy track season.  It's better than Festivus for the rest of us!

Its hard to believe that someone of Jim Wirth's culinary pedigree has never tasted sushi.  I'm sure he was just being humble.  It was great to see him in his P-car, especially in my mirror. Smile

Schattenbaum ordered up great weather and ran a terrific event.  RTR was well represented.  It was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Off to April and Shen/Jeff.  I'll bring Blue Thunder so we can road trip to the nearest Asian fusion restaurant.   Do you think they have them in West Virginia?

Mike