Riesentöter Forums
'07 Cayman S - 18k miles, full warranty - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Classifieds (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: For Sale (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: '07 Cayman S - 18k miles, full warranty (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

- Benz - 02-27-2010

I'm selling my 2007 Cayman S in guards red over black interior. It has 18,500 miles on it and is still under the full Porsche factory warranty. I recently performed the big 20,000 mile service on the car at Porsche of the Main Line so you won't have to shell out any cash for another year.

The car has 18" wheels with lots of brake pad and rubber remaining. It has heated seats for the cold days and the Bose radio for really great sound. The car has never been in an accident - the VIN is WPOAB298X7U782166. The only two flaws I know of are a small scratch under the rear wing that was touched up and some road rash under the front spoiler that you have to get on your hands and knees to see.

I have the title in hand and the car is located in Lewes, DE. If you live close by and want to check it out in person, call me at 302-841-0801 or email me at nicholasbenz@yahoo.com and we'll get together. If you live far away, I welcome any and all inspections by an independent third party. Remember, it is under warranty and I had the 20k service done.

I'm asking $37,500 or best offer. Edmunds and KBB put the price at $41k for a private party sale. I know my price is fair considering all the maintenance is taken care of for the next year. Again, call, email, or PM if interested. More pics available upon request.

- Darren - 03-03-2010

How many cases of beer does it come with?

- Benz - 03-03-2010

As many as can fit in the front and rear trunk of a Cayman.

- George3 - 03-03-2010

What's goin' on, Nick ???

Got something new in the stable?

- Benz - 03-04-2010

Yeah, I bought John Raidy/Jamie Allen's yellow 993. It has already had an engine rebuild, transmission rebuild, custom exhaust, wing, RS front brakes, turbo rear brakes, suspension upgrade, and some weight loss before I bought it, most work done by Peter Dawe.

I then had the radio, hvac, blowers, ductwork, side windows, door guts, windshield washer system, airbags, and lots of interior junk removed for me.

I then spent about 70-80 hours this winter meticulously gutting the interior inlcuding all adhesive, sound deadening, fabric, non-essential electrical and controls, cruise control, and sunroof mechanicals. I also cut out the old cage as the design did not meet my safety criteria.

The car has since been back at Dawe's for the last 5 weeks, given he knows this car first hand from all the previous work mentioned above. Peter finished the sunroof delete and is attending to all new safety equipment including new full cup style cage, halo seat, new harnesses, fire supression system, battery kill switches, window net, drivers net, pano rearview, and tow hooks.

Hey, what can I say, I'm a little sensitive to the safety stuff so I had to redo it myself. Peter is finishing up the car tomorrow and delivering it to NJMP for me for Saturday morning where I'll actually get to drive it for the first time. I'm looking forward to the first long day of driving for the year in 2 days.

That about sums it up. So now you can see why I no longer need the Cayman S and am selling it.

Nick...

- George3 - 03-04-2010

Good choice, Nick.  I like a lot of what you and Peter have done to the car.

Your safety concerns are valid.  I also put a full cage into my Evo this winter,
among other things.  Since we don't drive during the winters, they are meant
for car upgrades, right?  (LOL)

I think you'll really like the car.  Would love to hear an update on your thoughts
of the car after the event.

Tnx !

- AMoore - 03-05-2010

Wow Nick.  You really went all out.  Hopefully that car will look as nice as it did.  I too will be back at the track this year and I'm looking forward to catching up with you and the guys. 

Curious, Jamie only owned that car for a few months.  Why did he sell it so quickly?

- KennyB - 03-05-2010

AMoore wrote:
Quote:Wow Nick. You really went all out. Hopefully that car will look as nice as it did. I too will be back at the track this year and I'm looking forward to catching up with you and the guys.

Curious, Jamie only owned that car for a few months. Why did he sell it so quickly?

I think cases of beer may have been involved

- Benz - 05-12-2010

Now that my 3rd child was born on Monday, I'm trying to clear some space in the garage. I'm lowering the price to $35,000 for the Cayman S. Porsche of the Main Line has done all work on the car since I bought it last fall. It is still a great car, but the yellow 993 is my new love of the track. Call my cell with any questions 302-841-0801 or email me at nick@dogfish.com.

Anyone looking for a Cayman S knows this is a great deal. The in-service date was 11/30/2007 so the Porsche factory warranty is good until 11/30/2011. I now have 19,1xx miles on the car as I've been driving it the last few weeks to work since the weather is nicer.

Call or email and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Nick Benz...

- allenj01 - 05-18-2010

I sold it to buy some real estate, I cannot wait to see it at NJMP