Riesentöter Forums
Best place to park a Porsche (best garage ever!) - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Girl Talk (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Best place to park a Porsche (best garage ever!) (/showthread.php?tid=2195)

Pages: 1 2 3

- JAK911 - 04-18-2010

I like the idea.  Of course I have to or Diane will kill me Tongue.  Seriously though, I would be up for that.  I am thinking if we could get maybe 3-5 folks in the same general location who have a garage they wouldn't mind sharing, we could meet at garage #1 for a while and get the grand tour and chat for a bit.  We'll map out a nice driving route and caravan to garage # 2, hang there for a while and caravan to garage # 3, etc.  Maybe wrap it up with a meal somewhere?  Might be a fun way to spend a day. 

We would be happy to be garage # 1, but it truly would be the most boring stop of the day I am sure, aside from some posters on the wall, its your standard issue garage.  Still, its open to anyone who'd like to stop by. 

If we get any interest I'd be glad to work on pulling this together for us.  So gang, what do you think is it worth pursuing?  And does anyone have a garage they would like to open up to the group for the tour?   

Joe

- porsh111214 - 04-19-2010

Garage & Drive, sounds like fun.  I would be interested.Cool

- JAK911 - 04-21-2010

OK, so we have some interest.  Anyone else?  Who would be up for offering their garage as one of the stops? 

Joe

- Tony356993 - 04-21-2010

my garage could be a stop but might be geographically undesirable. (west brandywine)

- cjbcpa - 04-21-2010

I'd consider being a stop. The garage is nothing much to look at, but the cars some RTR members park in it are worth the trip. Maybe they'd consent to a small exhibit. Upper Montgomery county though.

- JAK911 - 04-22-2010

We go where the garages are Smile.  All who are interested chime in, and we can look at the locations, and folks availability, and see if we can visit a handful of spots within a reasonable drive. 

Tony, you are not far from me, maybe 10-12 miles; Chris you are a bit further out, but I wouldn't eliminate anyone at this point until we see where everyone interested is located and how far folks would be willing to drive.  And my place is quite boring so it doesn't even have to be a stop.  Just trying to make an excuse for a bunch of us to get out for a drive together and do some garage talk!

Joe

- pearlcoupeg35 - 04-22-2010

I would be up for offering my office parking lot (in Downingtown on the way to or from Tony's garage) as a stop.  Plenty of parking.

Smile

- JAK911 - 04-24-2010

So as far as garages go we have Tony in West Brandywine, Chris in Upper Mont. County, myself in Chester Springs, and a parking lot stop in Downingtown as possible locations.

Am I missing anyone else?  Any other folks want to be a part of our little tour?

Joe

- betegh9 - 04-25-2010

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:my garage could be a stop but might be geographically undesirable. (west brandywine)

My garage could NOT be a stop but might be geographically desirable. :?:?Smile

- Diane1970911T - 04-25-2010

Hi Joe/all,
This sounds like fun- we could do it mid-May, etc. But for now let's keep making a list and then see how many we have. If we have 6 in one day, that may be plenty to get us started. Thanks for organizing this Joe!

Speak soon,

Diane