Riesentöter Forums
Caravan for Jefferson/Shenendoah Event - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Caravan for Jefferson/Shenendoah Event (/showthread.php?tid=2220)

Pages: 1 2

- MikeKling - 04-04-2010

All are welcome to meet at 10:00AM on Thursday, April 15th at the ACME Shopping Center, Routes 202 and 926 just south of West Chester to drive together to Summit Point.

I felt a driving together would provide a little more security should any mechanical maladies occur.

Mike

- betegh9 - 04-04-2010

MikeKling wrote:
Quote:All are welcome to meet at 10:00AM on Thursday, April 15th at the ACME Shopping Center, Routes 202 and 926 just south of West Chester to drive together to Summit Point.

I felt a driving together would provide a little more security should any mechanical maladies occur.

Mike

Yea Mike, but I plan on getting at least a half day of work before leaving. I don't know if I'll have my car back yet, but if I do, I will probably drive thru my tuner's shop in Baltimore on my way there.

- Brian Minkin - 04-04-2010

Leaving at 10:00 you will be there by 1:30.  I usually leave about 2:00 and roll in about 5:30 for trailer drop.  See you there.

- KennyB - 04-06-2010

Sounds good to me, but maybe a bit too early as I have to work half day. 

- MikeKling - 04-06-2010

I know its a bit early, but we wanted to avoid any traffic problems around Baltimore.  I'll be happy to organize the same thing for Summit Point later this summer and make it later if there is an interested contingent.

Mike

- Darren - 04-06-2010

Why do you go near Baltimore?????

- MikeKling - 04-06-2010

Mapquest has me going down I 95, then around Baltimore on I 695, then due west on I 70.

- Brian Minkin - 04-06-2010

Going through Baltimore is the shortest distance and takes less time if you do not hit traffic on the Baltimore Beltway. You just do not want to route yourself that way if you will hit rush hour during the trek.  I usuallly take 81 down and go home through Baltimore.

- Darren - 04-06-2010

I'd rather poke my eyeball with a hot needle soaked in acid than drive I95 to/from Summit Point.  The 81 speed limit is higher, 65 I think if not 70.  Take the turnpike out to 81, then 81 south all the way down to Charles Town.  That's the way I always go....Door to door to my home in Malvern it's exactly 3 hours and very rarely I'll hit some traffic.

I95 you just never know, it could be fast, it could be 2 hours stopped in traffic.

- Tony356993 - 04-06-2010

Darren wrote:
Quote:I'd rather poke my eyeball with a hot needle soaked in acid than drive I95 to/from Summit Point. The 81 speed limit is higher, 65 I think if not 70. Take the turnpike out to 81, then 81 south all the way down to Charles Town. That's the way I always go....Door to door to my home in Malvern it's exactly 3 hours and very rarely I'll hit some traffic.

I95 you just never know, it could be fast, it could be 2 hours stopped in traffic.
+1 95 Sucks!