Riesentöter Forums
Photos of Instructors? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Photos of Instructors? (/showthread.php?tid=2277)

Pages: 1 2

- larrybard - 08-03-2010

Has anyone previously suggested taking mug shots of as many instructors as feasible (provided they're willing), and posting them -- with names, of course -- somewhere on the RTR website? I ask because it seems as if virtually every DE event I attend there's at least one student (and often more than one) asking to be directed to their instructor, not knowing what they look like.

Larry

- Larry Herman - 08-03-2010

Maybe they should do a little better job of seeking them out.  If they would check the entry list to see what kind of car and number their instructor has, and then if needed ask a few people, they would easily find them.

It also helps to start looking at 7:30, and not after the drivers meeting when the instructors have to get ready to go on track.

- bobt993 - 08-04-2010

Larry,  I remember one group that actually had printed pictures of the car that there instructors drive in the packet given each student.   RTR had a pretty good system this time with assigned garage bays for the majority of instructors running.  Students needed to just show up at the garage and ask around.  I don't think it is a lot to ask students to be proactive on finding there instructor.

- larrybard - 08-04-2010

Larry and Bob,

I agree that there are lots of other ways, which usually work (perhaps even better), to permit students to find their instructors.  And in my experience many especially conscientious instructors will often contact their students in advance, by email, to ask for details about their student's objectives, concerns, etc. -- and arrange for a rendezvous point prior to the first session.

But I completely agree that it is definitely not asking too much of students to ask around, look for their instructor's car, etc.  Frankly, I just thought that posting instructors pictures would be a neat complement to the process.

I'm also well aware that many students have unreasonable demands and expectations, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

- betegh9 - 08-04-2010

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Larry, I remember one group that actually had printed pictures of the car that there instructors drive in the packet given each student. RTR had a pretty good system this time with assigned garage bays for the majority of instructors running. Students needed to just show up at the garage and ask around. I don't think it is a lot to ask students to be proactive on finding there instructor.

I agree!! This last weekend I was busy with 2 students for the 3 days, and sporadically when time allowed, jumped into white run group cars wether they asked or not...... just to check on them and give a sugestion or two. Good thing that I did not have to bother to do anything with my car, that would have been too much.

A green or blue student only has to be concerned with the time to show up to class and pit out, so they have LOTS more time to find their instructor than versa/visa. If they find their instructor's car, the driver should be near by.

- betegh9 - 08-04-2010

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Larry, I remember one group that actually had printed pictures of the car that there instructors drive in the packet given each student. RTR had a pretty good system this time with assigned garage bays for the majority of instructors running. Students needed to just show up at the garage and ask around. I don't think it is a lot to ask students to be proactive on finding there instructor.

I agree!! This last weekend I was busy with 2 students for the 3 days, and sporadically when time allowed, jumped into white run group cars wether they asked or not...... just to check on them and give a sugestion or two. Good thing that I did not have to bother to do anything with my car, that would have been too much.

A green or blue student only has to be concerned with the time to show up to class and pit out, so they have LOTS more time to find their instructor than versa/visa. If they find their instructor's car, the driver should be near by.

- betegh9 - 08-04-2010

larrybard wrote:
Quote:Larry and Bob,

I agree that there are lots of other ways, which usually work (perhaps even better), to permit students to find their instructors. And in my experience many especially conscientious instructors will often contact their students in advance, by email, to ask for details about their student's objectives, concerns, etc. -- and arrange for a rendezvous point prior to the first session.

But I completely agree that it is definitely not asking too much of students to ask around, look for their instructor's car, etc. Frankly, I just thought that posting instructors pictures would be a neat complement to the process.

I'm also well aware that many students have unreasonable demands and expectations, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

Yes, and this video should be standard showing at every green and blue classroom session........................Tongue:dude:

- larrybard - 08-04-2010

I was wondering why no one commented on the video I posted; probably because no one else was curious enough to watch it until now.

- MikeKling - 08-04-2010

I'm alot closer to Green than Red so I'll offer a beginner's point of view.  This is my second season, I know many members, am among the first to arrive, and still can experience trouble finding my Instructor.  The paddock can be an intimidating place for the uninitiated. My humble suggestion is to be quick to offer assistance to anyone that has a lost look in their eyes.  I try to do that and as best I can, because my memory of being overwhelmed is not so distant.

Granted I'm biased, but after attending events with three differnt clubs, RTR's execution of it's DE events continues to to leave the best impression.

- bobt993 - 08-04-2010

Larry,  that has been circulating on Rennlist and another instructor dropped it our mailbox.  Not bad to see it again. Funny, but from the instructor perspective this happens a lot. "I only drive flat out" Confusedhock: