Riesentöter Forums
INVITE ALL MEMBERS TO THE 2010 RTR "SUMMER SPECTACULAR" - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: INVITE ALL MEMBERS TO THE 2010 RTR "SUMMER SPECTACULAR" (/showthread.php?tid=2282)

Pages: 1 2 3

- STEVEMCMORN - 07-27-2010

2010 Riesentoter "Planes and Porsches" Summer Spectacular

Kindly sponsored by PORSCHE OF THE MAIN LINE, Newtown Square, PA.[/i][/i]

All RTR members, their friends and family are invited to attend our expanded “Planes and Porsches�? Summer Spectacular on Sunday 15[suP]th[/suP] August at Reading Airport in aid of the Miller-Keystone Blood Centre (MKBC). 

27JUL - so far, we have 191 participants / spectators / volunteers signed up !

This year’s event has been expanded to include: 

- Autocross,

- Concours D'Elegance Judged Car Show,  

- Fun Show n Shine Car Show,

- Cocktail Party and the

- August Monthly Membership Meeting  

WHEN
- Sunday 15 August 2010

WHERE [/b]- Millennium Aviation, 2365 Bernville Road, Reading Airport, Reading.  PA.
[/b]

This year’s Planes and Porsches event really does have something for everyone so bring your friends and family out to Reading Airport for a great day out with your fellow RTR Porsche enthusiasts! All we ask is that you go online at http://www.motorsportreg.comsee links below -- and register so we know how many people are attending and how many people we need to cater for. It only takes 2 minutes to register on motorsportreg.com and in return you are guaranteed to get a free restaurant quality lunch & desert. Of course, if you do not register, you are still very welcome on the day to spectate …. but we can’t guarantee you any lunch. There’s no such thing as a free meal, but in this economy, this is as good as it gets so please take 2 minutes to register today. 

Go to motorsportreg.com, go to 15 August and then click on Reading airport event ….. or CLICK ONE OF THESE LINKS: 

AX: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/48CEFA2C-AE24-BDCF-E8B5244D3BC5E4F0

Concours: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/76E29655-D3E6-8214-B3AA08B3E4A2CB5C

Show n Shine / Spectators
http://wwhw.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/C3BAC212-A71D-6A86-5BAD97A4E8BED7D0

AUTOCROSS Event information:
[/b]Entries will be limited to 60 competitors to ensure each gets 6 runs (3 in the morning session; 3 in the afternoon session)

• Each entrant will receive a (new design 20oz) commemorative glass stein beer mug, kindly sponsored by Porsche of the Main Line [/*]
  • Aircraft hangar (kindly provided by Millennium Aviation) will offer valuable protection from the elements with a number of hot Jets and cool Porsches on display [/*]
  • Entry includes a FREE lunch plus entry to the NEW Cocktail Party at 4pm. [/*]
  • Extra free meals and cocktail party entries can be ordered for friends/guests (max 4 per driver; no registration = no free lunch or drinks at cocktail party) [/*]
  • In addition, we are inviting a number of local Porsche/automotive industry-related businesses to have a stall in the hangar [/*]
  • All entry fees will be considered as tax deductible donations to the Miller-Keystone Blood Center so you can claim the entry fee as a charitable donation on your tax return (but pls consult your tax advisor!) [/*]
  • 20 special gold pass entries are available – these special passes allow entrants to skip their work assignment and take their 6 runs when they want to (eg If you need to leave before 12 midday, you can take all 6 runs in the AM session; if you want a lie in and arrive late morning, you can take your 6 runs in the PM session; or you can do a regular 3xAM/3xPM split) -- 20 x gold passes are available
Entry fees:

·         Standard entry -- $50

·         Gold pass entry - $100

Time Table:
Registration and tech open at 8am

[/*]
  • Course walk open at 8am [/*]
  • Novice drivers meeting at 8.30am [/*]
  • Drivers meeting 9am [/*]
  • First car away at 9.15am [/*]
  • 60 min lunch [/*]
  • Last car finished by 4pm [/*]
  • Post-event Cocktail Party and celebrate a good day at 4 to 6pm![/*]

CONCOURS Event Information:
The Concours will be run in the spirit of a fun, club-level, charity event for participants, guests, and spectators to enjoy.
Upon completion of the on-line entry form, entrants will receive a confirmation along with other event details, including a copy of the scoring sheet for their reference. (If you register for the concours, you also get the best parking and viewing for the Auto Cross)

Cars will be grouped primarily by model with year designations for larger groups. Judging groups are expected to be:
                  -356s

-914s

-911s 1964-1973

-911s 1974-1989

-911s 1990-1998

-911s 1999-2010

-Front Engine (924, 944, 968, 928…)

-Modern Mid-Engine (Boxster, Cayman)

-Prepared (Racecars, Highly modified)

-Specialty, Limited Production, and All Other Porsches 

Groups may be combined or further divided contingent upon the number of entrants.

Entries will only be judged with other entrants in their model/year group.

Awards will be made for each group, as well as, an overall Peoples Choice award.

Judging will be focused on preparation detail, condition, correctness, originality, and overall impression.

Judging will include exterior, interior, engine and luggage areas, and wheels. Undercarriages and suspension will not be evaluated.

Judging teams will make all entry and group scoring decisions and there will not be a facility for protests.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PORSCHE ONLY CONCOURS - NO OTHER MAKES WILL BE ACCEPTED. 

IF YOU HAVE A NON-PORSCHE CAR YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW AT THE EVENT, PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE "SHOW N SHINE" EVENT.

If you have any questions, please email stevemcmorn@hotmail.com

Cheers
Steve McMorn
2010 RTR AX Chair

- Vytenis - 08-15-2010

Steve,

Great event, great job.  Thanks to all who helped make this a sucess.

"V"

- Fprodget - 08-16-2010

Yes Steve,

This was a very nice event that you and other RTR members obvioulsy put a lot of effort into. I just wish my fuel pump would have enjoyed it the same. See you next year!

- Vytenis - 08-16-2010

SCCA raw times from event are listed on attached pdf.  I am working the abacus to calculate corrected times for those in the championship points race.

"V"

- RSAmerica1 - 08-16-2010

Thanks Steve for another great event! 

Has anyone found my camera and shirt that I left behind there?????????  If so, please PM me. 

Pete

- ccm911 - 08-16-2010

What a great time!  I met a ton of cool people, got to watch a bunch of nutcases slide their cars around in the rain, and ate some decent food.  Keep up the great work!

- Ccns23 - 08-16-2010

Amazing event! A HUUUUGE thank you to Steve and the team who set this up. Cannot wait until next year Smile

- Vytenis - 08-16-2010

Special thanks to Mark Burkit, owner of Specialty Cars in Allentown.  He was manning his vendor booth at the event and magically appeared on the grid  to diagnose and or help fix at least three (3) cars including mine that developed technical difficulties.

Thanks Mark.

"V"

- Marty Kocse - 08-16-2010

Pete - Sorry, but I only have your 2nd place trophy...

RSAmerica1 wrote:
Quote:Thanks Steve for another great event!

Has anyone found my camera and shirt that I left behind there????????? If so, please PM me.

Pete

- RSAmerica1 - 08-16-2010

Thanks Marty - I'll come and get that!

I somehow managed to leave my Nikon D-SLR + lens + flash and camera bag on a chair at the table I was sitting at, so would REALLY like that back. 

I'll start hunting it down in earnest tomorrow.