Riesentöter Forums
Taste Of The Track - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Taste Of The Track (/showthread.php?tid=2307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Brian Minkin - 05-23-2010

Have you considered Drivers Education but are not sure if you want to take your car on a race track? Do you have a friend that you have told about your Drivers Education experience that would like to check it out? Is your spouse or significant other curious about what you find so intriguing about Drivers Education? The RTR Taste Of The Track program is a way for interested drivers to explore Drivers Education without enrolling for a full event. For only $25 any licensed driver over 18 years of age can enroll in our program and receive an informative introductory classroom about Drivers Education, drive on the racing surface in their car at parade lap speeds and take a ride at speed with one of RTR's nationally trained instructors. Taste Of The Track is offered every day at all RTR Drivers Education events. To participate simply be at the track by 10 AM and come to the classroom to sign up. If you need more information about Taste Of The Track email Brian Minkin at bminkin1@comcast.net.

- pearlcoupeg35 - 05-25-2010

This is cool.  If i can get myself to a DE this year maybe ill buck up and get this for my girlfriend. 

- Tony356993 - 05-25-2010

maybe????

- michael lang - 05-26-2010

I'd be happy to just get Shelly to go hang out with me for a few hours on a DE weekend and can't seem to get her out there to do that.

- Lainey - 05-26-2010

Tell her there are other girls there too --- maybe she thinks its all a bunch of guys! Smile)

- emayer - 05-27-2010

I strongly suggest signing her up if possible.

My wife did the program last fall and had an awesome time despite the weather.  Aside from the warm club welcome, the guys run an excellent session.  The experience was eye opening for her in that she realized that this is a serious sport, not just a bunch of bozos running around in circles- mostly! Big Grin

Having seen what this is all about has made her much more accommodating to me shuffling off for DE events more often.  At some point I think she'll get more involved herself, but this is a work in progress...

Good luck!

- michael lang - 05-28-2010

You guys are dillusional. My wife hates my car so much that the day I brought it home, I pulled into the driveway where she was waiting for me. I suggested that she drive it. Shelly pulled out of my driveway to the stop sign, maybe 50 feet from my driveway. Got out of the car, left the driver door wide open and the engine running, and as she walked past me she said "Michael, I am never driving that piece of shit again!" and went right into the house. In 5 1/2 years, she has only been in my car twice. And now that I have seats and harness in my car, how many more times do you think she will want to get into it!!Big Grin

Getting back to Brian's original post, I have forwarded it to alot of my clients that drive AMG cars that have expressed an interest in getting a new addiction.

- emayer - 05-28-2010

LOL!  I'm sure some folks would like that outcome.  Big Grin

Steve Meenan drove my wife for the session in the turbo last year.  Once finished, and amongst a group of folks, my father-in-law came up to him and said, "Now you owe my daughter a new pair of underwear!"  The look on my wife's face:  priceless.

- Marty Kocse - 05-28-2010

Brian - I have an old friend who'll be at Lightning for Taste of the Track.  I'm working on a couple of others also.  I told him same format, jiust show up at 10am on Sat.  Correct?

I worked with him about 15 years ago where he bought and then unfortunately sold an older Carerra.  Called him out of the blue this week and he just bought a 04 996 with 15K on it about 2 weeks ago.  So, let's just say he is stoked.

- Brian Minkin - 05-28-2010

Marty Kocse wrote:
Quote:Brian - I have an old friend who'll be at Lightning for Taste of the Track. I'm working on a couple of others also. I told him same format, jiust show up at 10am on Sat. Correct?

I worked with him about 15 years ago where he bought and then unfortunately sold an older Carerra. Called him out of the blue this week and he just bought a 04 996 with 15K on it about 2 weeks ago. So, let's just say he is stoked.
10:00 am Sat. Great that your friend is back into a Pcar. Lets get him hooked!