Riesentöter Forums
Data acquisition products - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Data acquisition products (/showthread.php?tid=2451)

- Mark Fox - 08-31-2010

Guessing there are a few up to date on this topic. What is a good product considering price, function, ease of use and usable data format. Thanks

- rbasales - 09-01-2010

I purchased the Traqmate complete this past spring, I am pleased with its ease of use and the software is loaded with options for track analysis.

- bobt993 - 09-01-2010

Mark,

Larry and I are working on a program for this right now and will be able to provide product, install, and most importantly support/analysis.  If your interested PM me for details.   This goes for other drivers too.   Think how nice it would be to continue your skill development after moving to white/black/red using technical feedback on driving and car setup.  In 5 years,  I have changed the power in my ( actually running less with salvage yard engine), but with data and pro-coaching have been able to improve every year.  Makes each season worth looking forward to.

- ninjabones - 09-01-2010

Big question is how you plan to use it.  Vast majority of guys I've seen basically use them as expensive lap timers.  Traqmate is definitely the easiest to use.  However, the display sucks.  Racepak has some very nice products(G2x and Iq3), midrange in price between traqmate and the more high-end systems like Aim and Motec.  G2x is the cheaper version and a very nice product (with shift lights and bright, visible LED display for tach, predictive lap times, etc).  IQ3 uses the same software package, but is a full logger dash.  The Racepak software is definitely not as intuitive; however, there are a bunch of guys in the club with this system, so you'd have some help learning how to use it (me, yonks, bob t, chris karras, steve mcmorn).  If you really want to get sophisticated (more complicated math channels, shock potentiometers, multiple sensors, etc), I'd go with AIM (talk to darren mingis). 

Most useful thing for me however has been having the ability to overlay data with faster drivers/cars, having shift lights, and being able to see predictive lap-times during qualifying.  Yonks and I made a boatload of progress this year, which I attribute mostly to comparing data between run sessions and then targetting areas on the track for improvement on the next session.   Unfortunately, you can't really overlay racepak data with traqmate data... so I'd go with whatever system allows you the best access to good data.

- Mark Fox - 09-01-2010

Thanks for the input, this provides a good start to research.Big Grin 

- bobt993 - 09-01-2010

Glen has been using his data system very effectively and getting faster every time he hits the track.  I hope it tapers off soon.  Smile