Riesentöter Forums
Gratitude - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Gratitude (/showthread.php?tid=2476)

Pages: 1 2

- wordsmith - 09-19-2010

To Eric Mayer: Thank you SO MUCH for volunteering to not only help Maureen and I get "Zip" back to the dealership, but for allowing me to drive your Audi R8 back to Knopf. You're such a gentleman. I can't thank you enough. Seeing my car getting towed from the track was sickening, but then driving the R8 didn't suck. It really took the sting out of what amounted to a bitter end to a great DE day. I'll let you know the "diagnosis" on the damage to Zip from this cursed track. It already owes me a clutch and rear main seal! Thanks again, Jim Sangiorgio

- emayer - 09-19-2010

Thanks and sorry to see this happen Jim.  Funny, I was going to post here also to thank George Busch for taking time away from his weekend to show me around Pocono.  Perhaps we can collectively implore him to get back in the saddle...

As the RTR saying goes, "It's not just the cars, it's the people."

Had a great time this weekend, it was wonderful seeing everyone especially when the weather is so good!  Big Grin

May "Zip" return to its glory soon.  -E

- wordsmith - 09-19-2010

Yes, I hope George returns to the track. Thanks to all the smoke Zip belched out, there's a lot fewer mosquitos at Pocono! Thanks again!

- AMoore - 09-20-2010

Hey Eric, my car has a flat.  Can I borrow your Audi R8.

Just kidding, you truly are a gentlemen, even for a conservative.

- Dan Yonker - 09-20-2010

Hmmm....Conservatives are gentlemen and they drive R8s......?  Doesn't sound half bad.

- emayer - 09-20-2010

I have a Prius in waiting for all my Liberal friends.  Smile

See, Conservatives aren't evil and mean-spirited after all!

Any news on "Zip"?

- wordsmith - 09-20-2010

emayer wrote:
Quote:I have a Prius in waiting for all my Liberal friends. Smile

See, Conservatives aren't evil and mean-spirited after all!

Any news on "Zip"?
Hi all! It looks like Zip may not need a transplant yet. Chris, our tech has painstakingly diagnosed what may have happened. It looks like the engine hydrolocked because of all the oil that was allowed to dump into the intake. It seems that the oil separator failed. We are not out of the woods yet, since we don't know if there was any other damage since the oil that is trapped in the exhaust is killing the rest of the mosquitos left in eastern Pa. i.e. puking oil like the Exxon Valdeze after we got it started. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to you again Eric for your trailer rescue. Thanks to all for the calls and e-mails. I hope to have better news by end of week when the oil separator gets replaced.

- George3 - 09-21-2010

emayer wrote:
Quote:Thanks and sorry to see this happen Jim. Funny, I was going to post here also to thank George Busch for taking time away from his weekend to show me around Pocono. Perhaps we can collectively implore him to get back in the saddle...

As the RTR saying goes, "It's not just the cars, it's the people."

Had a great time this weekend, it was wonderful seeing everyone especially when the weather is so good! Big Grin

May "Zip" return to its glory soon. -E

Eric - It was my pleasure to be in your right seat. You drove the track like a Pro! Too bad I couldn't stay around to watch some more. The weather was absolutely gorgeous for Pocono and I'm feeling the withdrawal from the track, big time. Maybe Santa will have something under the tree for me this year... the tree outside. (LOL)! Wink

Jim, sorry to hear about your car woes. But you're in good hands with Chris. He's worked on a lot of my cars and does excellent work.

It was nice to see all those at Pocono. Eric is right, you guys are a family and it truly is the people that make this club what it is.

- emayer - 09-21-2010

No need for thanks Jim, I know if the situation were reversed you guys would do the same without hesitation.

Sounds like cautiously optimistic news on "Zip".  P-cars are tough to kill!

As someone who disappeared in the mushroom cloud at turn three Confusedhock:, the diagnosis makes sense since the most intense smoke seemed to happen with lateral loads.  Hope the rest of the internals turn out OK....

- Marty Kocse - 09-25-2010

Hey everyone - Got a text from Jim late yesterday that all appears to be well with "Zip" - Jim drove home from the dealership and Zip ran like a champ.  I don't want to steal too much of Jim's thunder, but I thought you might like to know.