Riesentöter Forums
Targa Respray - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Model-Specific (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: 911 Air-Cooled (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Targa Respray (/showthread.php?tid=2488)

- Moss Grun - 09-13-2010

Hello:  I am considering a respray of: a) front facing parts of my '84 targa; and, b) minor bubbling along three of four quarter panel seals.  Can someone recommend a shop in the Chester, Delaware, Bucks or Montgomery County area?  My concerns are quality workmanship, timeliness, security and reasonable price.  Thank you.  MG

- Porshagod - 09-13-2010

Try Brian Matus @ Matus Auto Body 610-275-3002 (Bridgeport, PA) or Rob Nudy @ Eagle Collision 610-458-8850 (Chester Springs, PA). I have used both and referred many clients in the past with excellent results. Feel free to mention my name when you contact them.

- Moss Grun - 09-14-2010

Dave:  Thanks for your reply.  Here's my dilemma:  the paint on the car, auto cross related pitting and minor bubbling notwithstanding, is very good with deep luster and beautiful shine.  A total respray may not look as good or may not weather at the same rate; further, a total respray when only certain parts need attention seems a waste of money.  Is it not reasonable to have only those parts that need attention resprayed?  Or is that not feasible?  Thanks for your input.  MG

- ccm911 - 09-14-2010

I am about to do the same thing to my 1984 Targa.  I have a few areas needing attention, but do not want to go the full respray route.  Even if a repair can be seen, at least I can be assured of no future issues.  After all, what are our cars worth?  Maybe 14 or 15 on a good day?  And a full respray done correctly would cost in the neighborhood of $10K.  It just doesn't make financial sense, unless you plan to keep the car for a long time.

And as an aside, I am about to have Brian Matus(Matus Brothers) perform some parking lot damage on my daily driver BMW. 

- Porshagod - 09-14-2010

I understand your issue and both you and Chris are correct. That is the reason I recommended the 2 shops noted above because they are both proficient in matching and/or blending paintwork. You should get an excellent result at a reasonable price without the need for a full respray.

- Moss Grun - 09-14-2010

Chris:  Exactly.  Much as I care for the car, I have a hard time justifying a price that may well exceed half its value.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Yours too Dave.  I've spoken with Rob.  I'll get in touch with Brian Matus next.  Can you tell  me his shop's street address?  Thanks to both of you.  MG

- asher681 - 09-15-2010

Moss Grun wrote:
Quote:Chris: Exactly. Much as I care for the car, I have a hard time justifying a price that may well exceed half its value. Thanks for your thoughts. Yours too Dave. I've spoken with Rob. I'll get in touch with Brian Matus next. Can you tell me his shop's street address? Thanks to both of you. MG
I had my 944 Track car painted at MACCO in Montgomeryville, yes Macco... I completed most of the prep , they used 2 stage dupont paint, 3 yrs later the car looks great, all total $ 299.00. they run great specials in the winter... Joe

- Moss Grun - 09-16-2010

Good to know.  I'm going to check all options.  Thanks, Joe.  MG

- Porshagod - 09-16-2010

Moss Grun wrote:
Quote:Chris: Exactly. Much as I care for the car, I have a hard time justifying a price that may well exceed half its value. Thanks for your thoughts. Yours too Dave. I've spoken with Rob. I'll get in touch with Brian Matus next. Can you tell me his shop's street address? Thanks to both of you. MG

Matus Brothers Auto Body
8 Front St
Bridgeport, PA 19405

- Moss Grun - 09-17-2010

Thanks for the address.