Riesentöter Forums
Lemons Team Needs 2 Drivers for Florida New Years 24-Hour Race - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Lemons Team Needs 2 Drivers for Florida New Years 24-Hour Race (/showthread.php?tid=2497)

- Darren - 11-09-2010

Team Cardorks is looking for 2 additional drivers to complete our 12-driver 2-car team in the true 24-hour Lemons race at Palm Beach International Raceway from Dec 31-Jan 1.

What better way to reign in the New Year?  Finally I found something to do that doesn't involve hanging out with drunken idiots (no offense to drunken idiots I enjoyed hanging out with New Years past).

The race starts at midnight on 12/31 and ends at the New Year 1/1 at midnight.

We're fielding 2 cars again, a 1995 Acura Integra GSR and a 1987 BMW 325i.  Both cars are extremely fast by Lemons standards and I expect both to have top 10 finishes!!!!

Lemons races are great opportunities for DE drivers who want to try real racing.  They are also great opportunities for more experienced racers to have fun.  What's more fun than passing 60 cars in a 60 minute stint????

Let me know if you're interested to join us.  Here are a few pics of our cars from the last event:

[Image: dorks1.jpg]

[Image: dorks2.jpg]

[Image: dorks3.jpg]

[Image: dorks4.jpg]

- Darren - 11-09-2010

--- In the last picture "watchout, here comes Santa Claus"

If you're an F1 fan than might get this....every time our cars were near Santa we'd call over the radio to the driver "Santa (Fernando) is faster than you. Do you Copy, Santa is faster than you".

Anyway, fun times!

- Darren - 11-09-2010

Team pics from our 1st and 2nd races:

[Image: team1.jpg]

[Image: team2.jpg]

- dmano - 11-10-2010

Hi Darren,

I may be interested in jumping ship. What do you think the expenses may be like?

- Darren - 11-10-2010

dmano wrote:
Quote:Hi Darren,

I may be interested in jumping ship. What do you think the expenses may be like?
We're expecting $1300 per driver, 4 hours track time (2 - 2 hour stints), which includes registration costs, fuel, tires, brakes, car prep, everything!

Let me know Dave it would be great to have another experienced Lemoner on the team!

- DJbrand1 - 11-17-2010

Don't know if I can make the race in Florida. There are three guys so far, including myself, whom are newbies to Lemons, but we are trying to get something together for the April 9th 2011 race at NJMP.

Potential car right now is a 97 VW Passat wagon with the VR6 motor and 5 speed. It's white, and may make a great ECTO-1 Big Grin

- Darren - 11-18-2010

Bump

- Larry Herman - 11-19-2010

Darren, I'd love to, but the timing isn't right.  Maybe for a race in the spring.

- Darren - 11-24-2010

Larry -- we'd love to have you join the team!  It looks like we're at least doing the NJMP and the Shenandoah Lemons races next season, the dates are already posted on the Lemons website.

We're really focused on the 24 hour New Years Race right now -- we need just 1 more driver!!!  Again, blue run group or higher, PM me if you are interested!