Riesentöter Forums
Schattenbaum Tbolt DE Data Class - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Schattenbaum Tbolt DE Data Class (/showthread.php?tid=2550)

Pages: 1 2

- bobt993 - 01-27-2011

RTR drivers.  I have contacted Pete Debussman over at Schattenbaum and have a green light to run a data seminar at the track for the two days.  During the off season I have outfitted my race trailer with work stations/computers all set up to go over data for the track during the event.  Larry and I are spending time next month at the Racepak headquarters receiving pro training on their system and "tweeks" we can add to reading course data.  If you have a system we can add you to the program.  If you need a rental/purchase system we will have at least 10 available.    The offer is going to be open to all students via Schattenbaum so it will likely fill up fast.   Our product of choice is Racepak, but we can also use existing systems from other vendors.  I also will have a tech guy there that can overlay video with data should that be of interest.  

We started this last year at Tbolt to rough in a program and have since then put together what should be a very effective means of improving track skills during DE events.  Other than the rentals Larry will be able to add suspension tuning at the track based on data also.   We will be limited to 4 drivers for advanced tuning/instruction/coaching and that will be first come basis.    This track benefits big time from data analysis.  I know personally that my Fall race result there were directly related to Data Analysis.    If interested, just send me a PM here and I will get you on the list early. 

Best regards,

Bob Turgeon

- betegh9 - 01-27-2011

Bob,  nice work.  Does this work with any of the home theatre systems you install?Big Grin

Anyway, I have a Smartycam to which I will purchase an ECU bridge, by Aim.  I will be able to gather most things as the trackmate, but I will need some help in seeing what I am looking at, other than great video.  Can you help me?

- bobt993 - 01-27-2011

Nick.   We can help you with that.  Let me know ahead of time if your going to the event so I can load the software.  BTW I fully insulated the trailer so it will be 70degs inside no matter how cold it is at the track.  Smile If the weather is crap we can sit inside and play Gran Turismo on a big screen.

- betegh9 - 01-31-2011

You don't mention which event you will do this seminar......... can you let us know?

- bobt993 - 01-31-2011

^^^^^^^^^^dooohhh!  your right.  Starting March DE weekend at Tbolt.  I believe it is the 19th and 20th. 

- Darren - 03-02-2011

Bob -- our Lemons team is looking forward to this -- as you know we'll be there testing/tuning our cars.  Any updates on the schedule or agenda?

Thanks,

Darren

- Lainey - 03-04-2011

Bob,

Steve and I will be at Lightning at Member Day (Steve's instructing the whole weekend)... probably will take a pass this time but will come by to check out your set up.  We both are hoping for better weather than rain and 40 degrees...typical for mid-March.  Maybe we will get lucky!

Question; Will there be ample time for debrief with each Student?  5 people each if its you and Larry sounds like you will be busy. 

See you at the Track!

- bobt993 - 03-04-2011

Lainey, 

Yes,  Keep in mind last year was to get a format and provide a sampling.  I have outfitted the trailer with laptops, spent time at Racepak for training,  added an IT guy that works for me fulltime to do video overlay.   I have your stuff to go over when you guys want to do some take-out.   This was not possible without your participation last year so we could figure out the logistics.  I am looking forward to this year and working with as many drivers as we can.

- bobt993 - 03-04-2011

Darren wrote:
Quote:Bob -- our Lemons team is looking forward to this -- as you know we'll be there testing/tuning our cars. Any updates on the schedule or agenda?

Thanks,

Darren

Yes, bring beer............................. Big Grin We need you to add a tach signal tap for your lemons cars. The OBDII hookups are a no-brainer on the Porsches. Not off the coil, need pulse signal. Option 2 is an inductive interface which I can get from Racepak. BTW their new OBDII module coming out is really cool. We are going to also have the option of HD camera as an upgrade Trackvision video for the "Youtubers".

- betegh9 - 03-04-2011

bobt993 wrote:
Quote:Darren wrote:
Quote:Bob -- our Lemons team is looking forward to this -- as you know we'll be there testing/tuning our cars. Any updates on the schedule or agenda?

Thanks,

Darren

Yes, bring beer............................. Big Grin We need you to add a tach signal tap for your lemons cars. The OBDII hookups are a no-brainer on the Porsches. Not off the coil, need pulse signal. Option 2 is an inductive interface which I can get from Racepak. BTW their new OBDII module coming out is really cool. We are going to also have the option of HD camera as an upgrade Trackvision video for the "Youtubers".
Just got back from a seminar with Dave Murry. He feels that video is a better tool than data, taking into consideration that he sees many things we don't in a video after viewing several times. Segment times of a track also can tell us what is the quickest time around a turn down to the next turn. We are taught to take late apexes so we have the fastest exit toward the next turn, but the time getting to that point where you have the fastest exit out of the turn takes longer than another entry, it may not be of benefit. It is more important to take the shortest time from the turn in of turn 1 to the turn in of turn 2. The late apex may not be the fastest or the shortest distance.