Riesentöter Forums
Tech 9:00 @ Holberts 3/26, Club meeting 9:00@ Doughtertys 3/26 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Tech 9:00 @ Holberts 3/26, Club meeting 9:00@ Doughtertys 3/26 (/showthread.php?tid=2617)

Pages: 1 2

- Bill Lehman - 03-11-2011

I might have missed something here but this looks like a FUBAR (Pardon the 60's slang)

- Budman - 03-11-2011

The schedules conflict for sure but, the Tech Sessions and certainly the Membership Meeting facilities (to a lesser extent) as well, are very dependant upon the availability of the host businesses and in this case rescheduling one or the other just wasn't possible. Bummer I know but I'm told it was just unavoidable this time. The Board is aware and doing their best to avoid a repeat.

- bobt993 - 03-12-2011

I have to agree with Bill on this one.  There must be another option since you still have two weeks to adjust.

- Brian Minkin - 03-12-2011

Although a few of us had big concern about this it was the boards decision not to adjust either event.  I know Dougherty's is not pleased with the conflict.

- Lainey - 03-12-2011

Let's have the member meeting in the garage !!

- Wally - 03-12-2011

Budman wrote:
Quote:. Bummer I know but I'm told it was just unavoidable this time. The Board is aware and doing their best to avoid a repeat.
No comment!!

- MikeKling - 03-21-2011

Paul has no comment?  Gentlemen, mark your calendars!

I know Paul, for this comment I'll be demoted to exhaust inspection on the safety inspection line at Jeff/Shen.  Damn!

- Jimbeau - 03-22-2011

Budman wrote:
Quote:The schedules conflict for sure but, the Tech Sessions and certainly the Membership Meeting facilities (to a lesser extent) as well, are very dependant upon the availability of the host businesses and in this case rescheduling one or the other just wasn't possible. Bummer I know but I'm told it was just unavoidable this time. The Board is aware and doing their best to avoid a repeat.

Bud,

With all due respect, this was completely avoidable and is only one example of major club social events conflicting with club track-related events (i.e. Dogfish Head/Cape May tour and Shenandoah DE). Very frustrating and disappointing for those of us who like to be involved in both.

Jim

- Budman - 03-22-2011

Jim: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The club has more events than weekends. Fold in all the RTR track events, surrounding region track events, PCA and Zone events, all the social events, all the meeting events, and all the tech session events and it's just not that easy. Then you can also fold in Mother's Day, Father's Day and on and on. You are more than welcome to contact the social chair and board with any suggestions on how to fit all this stuff into the weekends available. As an example, I've been trying to come up with a Sunday breakfast event for two months. Every date I've suggested has a conflict. All help is appreciated.

Bud

- Jimbeau - 03-22-2011

Bud,

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing.  It's a fact that this didn't have to occur the way it did.

I'm completely sympathetic to the logistical difficulty of trying to schedule events for a club this size and understand that at times overlap will occur. (BTW -I did attend several of the social planning meetings last year so it's not as if I don't have a perspective or am not solution oriented).  And as long as due consideration is being given to minimize overlap of major club events then that's all any of us can ask for.  The fact that I'm personally disappointed that I'll miss the Dog Fish tour (which was one of my suggestions last year) because I'll be at the DE isn't really the point of my comments it's simply a choice I'm forced to make based on a decision that it was the only time available to have the tour.

However, in the case of this weekend it could (should) have been avoided, and in fact both events could easily have been scheduled at the same venue which would have allowed everyone who wanted to be able to participate in both. 

Jim