Riesentöter Forums
Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? (/showthread.php?tid=2645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Darren - 03-02-2011

You guys are quiet in here!  What has everyone done to their car over the Winter?  I'm finishing up an additional (3rd) Lemons car.  I need to pull the motor on my 996 to do the intermediate shaft bearing (my friend Ed at Tillson's is going to help me with this).  I'm also in the process of building a motor for a spec e30 car.

What about the rest of y'all?

- emayer - 03-03-2011

You've been busy Darren!

Me: 

Rollbar/ harness installation

Brake pad upgrade

Considering data logger/ video installation (recommendations wanted!)

Daydreaming of getting back to the track!

- JimWirt - 03-03-2011

Welding in new cage. Rebuilding engine with high commpression pistons, high overlap cams and twin plugging.  Going to throttle bodies with efi. Stripped out interior more and painted it. Looks better! 

- KennyB - 03-03-2011

Rebuild for the lsd (what a PIA).  Installed the data aquisition system (G2X).  Maybe mid-season may do springs and shocks revalved. 

NASA comp school at VIR to help tighten the nut behind the wheel.

- aualexa2 - 03-03-2011

Rennline fire extinguisher
Optima red top with the cutting board mounting bracket

Bill Boys at Possum Hollow did my shocks (Bilstein HD front/Sport rear) and will be doing my a-arm and spring plate bushings and new torsion bars once the t-bars arrive (back ordered from elephant racing)

- Brian Minkin - 03-03-2011

Overhauled suspension replacing worn parts.  New Exhuast. Lots of laps at Sebring.Smile

- aualexa2 - 03-03-2011

Brian, your post reminded me...I forgot to mention that I also have a new exhaust. M&K one in one out.

- betegh9 - 03-03-2011

emayer wrote:
Quote:You've been busy Darren!

Me:

Rollbar/ harness installation

Brake pad upgrade

Considering data logger/ video installation (recommendations wanted!)

Daydreaming of getting back to the track!

Eric,

I have a Smartycam by Aim........ got it from VAC Motorsports in Philly. Aim also makes Porsche GT-3 specific data loggers that plugs in right to your ECU. Virtually, plug and play. you can also automatically sincronize the video with the data, and the picture you get from the video rivals the best HD cameras. The lens angle is the best, equal to your eyes with periforal vision.

- betegh9 - 03-03-2011

Need to change my front floating rotors, re-pack the front wheel bearings, change the oil and adjust the valves on the motor............... That's all!Big Grin  I've been lazy but I'll have to get going on that soon.

- ninjabones - 03-04-2011

As per routine, I just may have gotten in over my head again...

May take a few months to put everything back together.

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9733-garage-1.jpg]