Riesentöter Forums
Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Ok, so what were the Winter upgrades? (/showthread.php?tid=2645)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Darren - 03-05-2011

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:As per routine, I just may have gotten in over my head again...

May take a few months to put everything back together.
It takes some balls to do what you're doing and there are plenty of people around to help. This is the kind of stuff that the "old-school" guys have been doing for a long time.

- Minoclan - 03-06-2011

3.8 RS Wing
Front splitter
R Tail lights
M&K Track mufflers

- scwaters - 03-06-2011

Re: Capristo - Not trying to be Italian. Spent 30 years pouring money down Italian holes (Alfa Montreal)  Bi-modal so I can run on the street and still have race pipes.  Worth about 9% increase on my anemic 2.7L.  Got them used for 25% of OEM.

- ninjabones - 03-06-2011

Darren wrote:
Quote:It takes some balls to do what you're doing and there are plenty of people around to help. This is the kind of stuff that the "old-school" guys have been doing for a long time.

I wouldn't have even thought about tackling this project without knowing that I'd have some help from a couple key people.

Darren, thanks for helping out yesterday getting the hubs off the old uprights, and to Jeff Kiersch for his barabaric, yet effect means of grinding the old bearing race off the stub axle. And, thanks to Bob for coming over this morning to work through some very tricky maneuvering of brake booster and power steering lines that didn't want to reach where they needed to go.

So, after a burned finger, a few cuts, lots' of cursing... finally made some progress.

Garage still in turmoil

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9802-garage-disaster.jpg]

But there's light at the end of the tunnel now

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9801-evo-uprights.jpg]

- betegh9 - 03-06-2011

ninjabones wrote:
Quote:Darren wrote:
Quote:It takes some balls to do what you're doing and there are plenty of people around to help. This is the kind of stuff that the "old-school" guys have been doing for a long time.

I wouldn't have even thought about tackling this project without knowing that I'd have some help from a couple key people.

Darren, thanks for helping out yesterday getting the hubs off the old uprights, and to Jeff Kiersch for his barabaric, yet effect means of grinding the old bearing race off the stub axle. And, thanks to Bob for coming over this morning to work through some very tricky maneuvering of brake booster and power steering lines that didn't want to reach where they needed to go.

So, after a burned finger, a few cuts, lots' of cursing... finally made some progress.

Garage still in turmoil

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9802-garage-disaster.jpg]

But there's light at the end of the tunnel now

[Image: ninjabones-albums-misc-picture9801-evo-uprights.jpg]

Glen!
What are your patients going to think when they find out that they have a crude MECHANIC for a doctor?Confusedhock:Big Grin......... Hummmm! You may have to charge them mechanic's fees to keep them quiet. Big GrinBig Grin:dude:

- Lainey - 03-06-2011

If he were my Doctor I'd be darn proud of him... Too many docs out there are afraid to get their fingernails dirty...

P.S. Really cool to hear how everyone lends a hand - its what our club is all about!

- LouZ - 03-06-2011

Quote:
Quote:Glen!
What are your patients going to think when they find out that they have a crude MECHANIC for a doctor?Confusedhock:Big Grin......... Hummmm! You may have to charge them mechanic's fees to keep them quiet. Big GrinBig Grin:dude:
If it's Porsche "mechanic fees", He'll have to charge MORE!

- betegh9 - 03-06-2011

Lainey wrote:
Quote:If he were my Doctor I'd be darn proud of him... Too many docs out there are afraid to get their fingernails dirty...

P.S. Really cool to hear how everyone lends a hand - its what our club is all about!

- betegh9 - 03-06-2011

LouZ wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:Glen!
If it's Porsche "mechanic fees", He'll have to charge MORE!

I realized that right after I pressed the return key.:? ...was too late!

- bobt993 - 03-06-2011

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Wink