Riesentöter Forums
Glen's new metal monster at Thunderbolt - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Glen's new metal monster at Thunderbolt (/showthread.php?tid=2658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- ninjabones - 03-22-2011

wheels....

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10046-ccw-wheels.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10047-...eels-2.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10048-...eels-3.jpg]

body work...

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10043-...-small.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10041-...-small.jpg]

my litter helper for those hard-to-reach bolts...

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10049-...-small.jpg]

more body work..../

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10050-...-small.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10052-...-small.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10051-...-small.jpg]

paint and finishing touches (thanks to Peter Dawe and crew), and darren for repairing the damaged wing.

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10030-widebody-5.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10027-widebody-2.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10026-widebody-1.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10029-widebody-4.jpg]

[Image: ninjabones-albums-widebody-picture10028-widebody-3.jpg]

- AMoore - 03-22-2011

AWESOME - LOOKS LIKE A 993 GT2

- Marty Kocse - 03-23-2011

AMoore wrote:
Quote:AWESOME - LOOKS LIKE A 993 GT2

I agree - the car looks like it was done professionally - you do really nice work Glen

- ninjabones - 03-23-2011

Thanks Marty... I shouldn't take credit for doing all the work... at the beginning of this job I had no idea what I was doing.  I asked a lot of questions and got a lot of help.... Bob was in my garage a few times helping me when I got stuck (bending brake lines, moving power steering lines, fixing clearance issues with the brake boosters and brake rod)... Darren helped me remove the hubs and press the wheel bearings, and he fixed the damaged used banana wing that I purchased on Rennlist.  Jeff Kiersche helped me grind off a seized bearing race that was frozen on the stub axle, and he manufactured some fancy aluminum billet collars to relocate the brake booster. Zach Winter is a really nice hard-working college kid (former mechanic and miata driver) that I hired over his winter break to mainly help with the interior work.   That was one messy job and it was worth every penny to have him help (I lost enough brain cells last time I stripped a porsche interior).  He also did some welding work for me at my house.  And finally, Peter Dawe (and sons) came through in a pinch last week and finished some of the body work on short notice when I ran out of time and got too busy with work (finishing the front bumper install - which was pretty poorly constructed - , painting the new parts, and working through some fitment issues with the wheels, tie rods, and front flares).  Overall, it was a great learning experience for me.  Still a lot of work to be done.

- Jimbeau - 03-23-2011

Looks awesome Glen!  What happened to the hood stripe?

- Mark Fox - 03-23-2011

Big Grin WOW.........use been a beezy boy.  Looks great, any change with gearing or HP?

- jakp993 - 03-29-2011

Sweeeeeeet!   Awesome job Glen.  Cant wait to see it.