Riesentöter Forums
remove or at least run over "air max" guy - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Riesentöter PCA Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: remove or at least run over "air max" guy (/showthread.php?tid=2673)

Pages: 1 2

- csmith74 - 10-08-2011

How can we prevent these clods from mass posting?  Does anyone have the tech savvy?  Can we remove these posts from the forum?

- Ccns23 - 10-08-2011

Looks like someone feel asleep at the spam mail filter....

- dmano - 10-08-2011

The best way is not to let just anyone sign up. They must be a member of the PCA or they have to be reviewed by a forum admin to get their login info.

- Ccns23 - 10-08-2011

If they did things like that you wouldn't be posting now Big Grin

- LouZ - 10-08-2011

dmano wrote:
Quote:The best way is not to let just anyone sign up. They must be a member of the PCA or they have to be reviewed by a forum admin to get their login info.

I totally agree!

There should be some screening performed prior to allowing any new sign-up to post.

I would be happy to screen all new members (I envision a step where a moderator must give permission before a new member could post) If we have such a function, we could delete ALL members, and, using their email address, send them a note that they must re-register. Only those that are legit (and with a legit email account) would reregister, and for the rest.....GOOD RIDDANCE!

- ccm911 - 10-08-2011

Now the dream would be to have someone in the club who is really network saavy to track down the offender...followed by a public hanging!

- dmano - 10-09-2011

LouZ wrote:
Quote:dmano wrote:
Quote:The best way is not to let just anyone sign up. They must be a member of the PCA or they have to be reviewed by a forum admin to get their login info.

I totally agree!

There should be some screening performed prior to allowing any new sign-up to post.

I would be happy to screen all new members (I envision a step where a moderator must give permission before a new member could post) If we have such a function, we could delete ALL members, and, using their email address, send them a note that they must re-register. Only those that are legit (and with a legit email account) would reregister, and for the rest.....GOOD RIDDANCE!
On the Corner Carvers forum you have to pass a series of tests with the moderator to even begin to post. They would have found this a hole already and had them flogged. I too would take the job of pre-screening potential members. I agree with Lou.

- Brian Minkin - 10-09-2011

I am sure Pre Screening can be set up as a requirment to join the forum. As the sole admin I do not have the time to run that tight a ship on this forum. We can block email addys, Use names and IP addresses if someone has the time to chekc out the IP of these spammers. I beleive the forum software has a function to check the IP of a post.

As to this Hack it hit 675 older posts which is far to many to remove by hand so I plan to corrospond with the host company to see if they can assist in removing it from the data base by SQL quesry.

Lou or Dave if you truley want the job I would love to have some addtional oversight of this forum.

- dmano - 10-10-2011

Hi Brian,

I would be game let me know what I need to do. Lets make a plan of attack on the idiots.

- LouZ - 10-11-2011

Brian

I, generally, am on this forum a couple of times a day. I would be happy to be a co-moderator, just give me the ground rules for monitoring the posts.

LouZ