Riesentöter Forums
Corvette Club Double Autocross, HACC Lancaster, 6/26/11, $15 - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Corvette Club Double Autocross, HACC Lancaster, 6/26/11, $15 (/showthread.php?tid=2723)

Pages: 1 2 3

- 944BlueS - 06-25-2011

Corvette Club AX tomorrow, HACC Lancaster, 8:00 am.

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I too had a blast at CBP on 6/19 and regretted not going to CPA/Hershey on 6/12.  I'm really enjoying AX and looking to improve.  Summer weekends are usually filled up, but it looks like I'm free and clear tomorrow and my google box tells me that the Lancaster Corvette Club is hosting an AX tomorrow.

I called and spoke to a guy who said it's open to anyone, bring your helmet, and be ready to pass tech and have their number card taped to your door.  Sounds easy to me.  Morning and afternoon sessions, run either or both, $15/each.  I don't have much more info than that; if anyone else does let me know.  There's no pre-registration, but I'm planning on going and I'll make the game time decision when I wake up tomorrow.

Here are the basics and their brochure is attached.  I'll try to monitor this post today and you can also email me with any questions.

Regards, Mark Cool

SANCTION# ERX -266-116/ERX-266-146 TYPE OF EVENT Low Speed Double Auto Cross
DATE: June 26, 2011 CLUB NUMBER ER-266
REGISTRATION OPENS 8:00AM CLUB Lancaster County Corvette Club
REGISTRATION CLOSES: 12:00PM REGION East
DRIVERS MEETING TIME: 9:00AM ENTRY FEE $15.00 Per Event
FIRST CAR OUT TIME: 9:30AM LOCATION HACC Lancaster Campus
SPEED EVENT: NO 1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
EXHAUST OPEN: NO Lancaster PA 17602

(apparently "Low Speed Autocross" means "Autocross" to them.  "High Speed Autocross" would be a track day--MPB)

- csmith74 - 06-26-2011

Sorry, I missed this post until too late. Sad How did it go?

- Vytenis - 06-27-2011

Didn't see your post until it was too late...How was it?

"V"

- CarreraSupercharged - 06-29-2011

Wow, I can't believe I miss that.

Thanks Mark for posting, I looked at their website they have an Autocross event every month.

This is just 15 minutes from my house, I'll be there practicing with the vette boys,.. I may learn different tricks,...Wink

- betegh9 - 06-30-2011

I missed it tooooooooo..........Confusedhock:

- 944BlueS - 08-02-2011

Gentlemen,

I'm just looking through my calendar and I see that the Lancaster County Corvette Club has two more events coming--8/21 and 9/18, both at their new AX location, Weaver Markets in Adamstown.  Check their website for details.

http://www.lcccpa.com

As for the June 26 event I attended, it was cool.  I spent a total of $33 and got 11 runs and was one of the last ones to leave at 2:00 PM.  ($15 morning, $15 afternoon, $1/each for 3 fun runs).  I worked the course, but that was definitely not mandatory.  I'm a newbie, so I have limited ability to compare.  I would say it was very fun, good driving, fast moving, low stress, nice people.  As far as cons, the course had LOTS of curbs and wasn't otherwise that fast, but those things should be sorted with their move to Weaver Markets from HACC.  Also, there was definitely not the sophistication or level of competition of the SCCA events, but that was OK with me.  As far as the cars, 95% vettes, but of all gens, including a '63 split window.  I thought they were cool to watch on the course, and I would rather watch them then Subaru's and Mitsubishi's all day.  Rear wheel drive is much better to watch!

Overall cool, fun, HUGE value, great practice, and always a scenic ride to Lancaster.  I would definitely go to any of their future events---as long as they weren't conflicting with any RTR AX's.  I'd rather hang out with you guys!

They mentioned the Porsche v. Corvette's AX's with CPA.  That sounded cool too.  I will have to get some big practice in before attending one of those...

Drive on!!!

Mark  Cool

- CarreraSupercharged - 08-02-2011

Mark, I will definitely be at the 8/21 event. This new site is only 6 miles from my house I have no excuse not to be there.

WOW, 33 buks for 11 run, talk about fun/value ratio,.... can,t beat thatBig Grin

- csmith74 - 08-03-2011

Gentlemen? Who came in? Seriously, I'm in for the 21st too. I gotta see that split-back running. I have an uncle with a '56. I'll see if he's interested as well. Do we pre register or just show up?

- NumeroUnoPA - 08-05-2011

Sounds like fun. We are in Alabama that weekend but I may go to the Sept ax.

- CarreraSupercharged - 08-18-2011

Anyone going this weekend to the Vette AutoX?

If so, I can host an after the race Beer and BBQ snack at my house for those interested.

I'll be there, I need practice to go after the Signal Orange GT RSR guy,...Big Grin.

Stephane