Riesentöter Forums
Alpine Motorsports Club - New Roadcourse/Country Club near Lehigh Valley - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Alpine Motorsports Club - New Roadcourse/Country Club near Lehigh Valley (/showthread.php?tid=2730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Jimbeau - 09-27-2011

There are already folks lined up to join, that's how they've kept this project going through the legal battles over the last 10 years.    Prices aren't really any different from country club memberships fees and dues and people pay those prices and more just to play golf.  The upper level membership is obviously intended for an elite crowd and is priced accordingly. 

Personally, I think the associate membership looks like a pretty fair deal and I've already prepped the wife that I'm joining.  She actually likes the fact that it will have all the other amenities normally associated with a country club.

- KennyB - 09-27-2011

Jimbeau,

Can I be your "guest"?

- Jimbeau - 09-27-2011

Anything for you Kenny!

- emayer - 09-27-2011

See you at the club Jim!

I guess we'll let Kenny in.  It'll be the Caddyshack of DE!  :dude:

I tend to agree with Jim's take on this.  Of the newer venues under construction, I think these guys have a legitimate shot.  The reasonable catchment area includes Long Island, NYC, Northern/Central NJ, and Eastern PA.  That's a massive potential number of people with the necessary interest and disposable income for this type of venture.

- Jimbeau - 09-27-2011

emayer wrote:
Quote:See you at the club Jim!

I guess we'll let Kenny in. It'll be the Caddyshack of DE! :dude:

See you at Bushwood! Wink

- MikeKling - 09-27-2011

Lets do some math.  Membership includes 180 days, "weather permitting".  In the Lehigh Valley I doubt that you could bracket a 6 month time frame without some rather  bitterly cold weather at either the beginning or end.  I looked thru the 33 points of membership and couldn't find snow plowing and salt spreading included.

Membership in a country club usually involves a bond or some form of legal partial ownership of the actually physical assets.  I would imagine this membership, as with NJMP, really doesn't convey a two way transfer of assets. 

All that being said, I'll probably drop by next summer on open pool day.  I'll bring the Baby Ruth candy bars.  I'm looking forward to seeing Jim in his "Personal Alpine Accessory and Clothing Package." Smile

- emayer - 09-28-2011

More math: (sorry!)

Assuming an Associate membership with a refundable initial deposit:

8 driving days per year/ 1500 is $187.50 per day.

This is on par with any Club DE event.

Cindarella story....

- Jimbeau - 09-28-2011

MikeKling wrote:
Quote: I'm looking forward to seeing Jim in his "Personal Alpine Accessory and Clothing Package." Smile

Now there's a scary thought.Confusedhock:

Sorry thought Mike, there's no "caddie day" on the calendar for next year.

Looks like he got all of that one!

- Phokaioglaukos - 09-28-2011

"Will there be days when Alpine has reserved its facilities for Porsche, Ferrari, BMW or similar Car Clubs?  What percentage of the open days will be days when Members can drive? Yes; however, Members will have the majority of all available days (approximately 85%) at the Club. "

Monticello closed to the clubs, at least for the long circuit. I truly wonder if this track could aford to to that. If they cannot, just why would I join instead of driving with the local car clubs?

- Jimbeau - 09-28-2011

Pool, tennis courts, restaurant, drive pretty much whenever I want,  same reason people join country clubs instead of just paying greens fees.  Plus the car club access will be very limited.