Riesentöter Forums
Alpine Motorsports Club - New Roadcourse/Country Club near Lehigh Valley - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Alpine Motorsports Club - New Roadcourse/Country Club near Lehigh Valley (/showthread.php?tid=2730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- emayer - 09-30-2011

I see the point about golf clubs and variety, however golf courses are everywhere.  Road courses?  Not so much.

From my vantage, the utility of joining such a club is that it provides more flexibility to enjoy this hobby.  For example:  I can work part of the day, drive 30-40 minutes to the track, and at least enjoy at least 1/2 a day of fun.  I see this as an adjunct to attending DEs at other venues, not a replacement.

As for the other amentities, they're just frills.  Then again, not a bad thing if the kids want to tag along and make a family day of it.  As for being open to other clubs, Monticello did the same thing initially until their roster quota was met.  None of us can truly gauge the level of interest in the Alpine club presently, but conceivably the same thing can occur further down the road.

- ccm911 - 09-30-2011

Very well put.  I can definitely see the allure of a half day open track session.

I just don't want to pay a lot for it. Big Grin

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-04-2011

I got confused by the various options HERE. There is reference to 180, 8, 16 and unlimited driving days. Here is the answer. The 180 days are all of the projected days that Members will have available to them to schedule a visit to the Club and have access to drive on the Road Course.  Each Membership Plan includes the number of days a Member holding that particular Plan has to visit the Club and drive.  Associate Membership Plan = 8 Days.  Signature Membership Plan = 16 Days.  Charter Membership Plan = Unlimited Days. At Alpine there are no and will not be any "per day driving fees".

So, the 8-day plan is $10,000 buy-in and $187.50/day and the 16-day plan is $20,000 buy-in and $156.25/day. Assuming, of course, that one uses all one's days. Not sure how much in advance Members will know the course configuration for any particular day.

I think I'll plan to drive the Alpine course, if at all, with one of the car clubs. Unless there is wheel-to-wheel racing there I cannot see this program working for me. NJMP is a bit better because even if there are only a few members out on a member day one can treat it as a test day for a race, on either course. (I do wish NJMP at somepoint links the two courses as orginally planned!)

- ccm911 - 10-04-2011

Wow Chris!!  A chimp in a suit could see that this business model has some inherent flaws, based on your analysis.  So I could drive with RTR, no money down for about $200/day, or I could pay cash up front for $187/day. 

I hereby deem this business model a...DOG.Big Grin

- Phokaioglaukos - 10-04-2011

Chimp in a suit? You flatter me!

- MikeKling - 10-05-2011

Sorry, I think both Chris' are wrong with the math.  The Associate member "buy-in" is $10,000.00.  Assume that you are going to be around and driving for 10 years.  8 days X 10 years i= 80 driving days.  When we divide $10,000.00 by 80 we arrive at $125.00.  Adding that to the $187.50 results in $312.50 per day.  All paid up front at the beginning and annually. 

That seems like a lot of space bucks to me.