Riesentöter Forums
Heel/Toe Clinic during DE - Interested? - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Heel/Toe Clinic during DE - Interested? (/showthread.php?tid=2758)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Jimbeau - 04-11-2011

Hi there Track Junkies,

While at Shenandoah this weekend several of us were discussing the potential for conducting a Heel & Toe Clinic at one of our upcoming events (maybe as soon as Pocono), but since it could possibly involve renting additional space at the facility Myles asked that I try and gauge the level of interest before we commit funds.

The primary target audience would be Green and Blue students, but would obviously be open to anyone.  The intent would be to provide access to an open section of track or parking lot large enough to allow cars to get up to ~ 55mph before coming into a designated braking zoneand then practice using proper heel and toe braking & downshifting before turning, and also to allow for a lot of repetition in a setting where you could focus solely on proper technique and not have to worry about the line, traffic, etc.  You could do it in between your normal run-group sessions so as not to lose any track time.

Since this is a skill required for promotion as well as something many of us struggle with we were thinking maybe a formal session might be a good idea.

Several instructors, including Todd Reid volunteered to help provide instruction and coaching and given the level of practical racing experience of many of our instructors this could be helpful to many of us.  So chime in and let us know what you think!

- DJbrand1 - 04-11-2011

I think that would be a great idea. As a novice I know I would appreciate some experienced input.

- Brian Minkin - 04-11-2011

I think this is a great idea.  It is certainly not something we can teach on the track, only discuss the how to with the student.

- betegh9 - 04-11-2011

I volunteer Mike Kling. He has trouble turning his heel as well as tipping his pinky toe on to the gas pedal.

- CarreraS - 04-11-2011

Great idea, Jim!

Maybe, Marty & Adam could send an email directly to all Green/Blue students to gauge interest since not everyone checks our forum?

- Jimbeau - 04-12-2011

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:I volunteer Mike Kling. He has trouble turning his heel as well as tipping his pinky toe on to the gas pedal.

And I'm volunteering you as his instructor. As they say, there's no such thing as a poor student.

- Jimbeau - 04-12-2011

CarreraS wrote:
Quote:Great idea, Jim!

Maybe, Marty & Adam could send an email directly to all Green/Blue students to gauge interest since not everyone checks our forum?
Good suggestion David. I'll see if they can do that.

- MF309 - 04-12-2011

As another Green student I also think this would be a great offering for us novices Big Grin.

- JimWirt - 04-13-2011

As a novice who has gotten this wrong many times causing nice 360 degree spins. This would be of great help to me.

- Black_S2000 - 04-13-2011

Learning experience is always GREAT!!!