Riesentöter Forums
What do you do for a living - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: What do you do for a living (/showthread.php?tid=277)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- catchacab - 02-06-2007

Gigolo? nope, I probably would only have 90 yr old women as clients.

I  a professional gadfly?  that would be fun.

IT guy? that could work.

Lawyer? No Comment, I don't want to be sued.

Therapist? Hopefully, I not that screwed up yet.

Minister? Praise the world.

Urban planner? I had nothing to do with the Delaware Valley.

CPA? I do have a calculator.

Tailor? I would probably prick my finger too many times.

Baker? I would eat the profits.

Salesman? If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with________.

I am a Mechanic?  I fix things!

- smankow - 02-06-2007

this time of year I probably have the least fun job - CPA.

I just pulled my head out of tax returns for this postCool

- Wellardmac - 02-06-2007

...tax returns, other dark places, same thing. Tongue

Big Grin

- APXD 30 - 02-06-2007

ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Hey, what can I say? "Inquiring minds want to know......" And we have more financial services folks trolling the ranks for new clients than you can shake a stick at....
Is this Chris sniffing around for his monthly column topic?

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:ccm911 wrote:
Quote:Hey, what can I say? "Inquiring minds want to know......" And we have more financial services folks trolling the ranks for new clients than you can shake a stick at....
Is this Chris sniffing around for his monthly column topic?

Are you calling Chris a troll? Wink

Confusedhock: Big Grin

- Tony356993 - 02-06-2007

Quote:The first four times I met Mark Reynolds he commented that no one in Riesentöter asks about what people do. So I didn't.
At the auto show last w/e, someone asked me what some of the other guys did for a living. My answer was "I do not know & I did not ask". He was shocked that the info was not common knowledge. Part of my RTR fun was hanging out with other p-car fans and leaving my work behind me for a few minutes.

My wife is from North Jersey and one of the 1st questions people ask me in N. NJ social settings is what do I do. Maybe that is why I've learned to "don't ask, don't tell" Wink

To be honest, I really don't care what people do for a living, as it has little bearing what they are like as a person, or their background.

.. plus typically me telling people what I do for a living is a conversation killer,

I prefer to say that I create new things. Cool

- Brian Minkin - 02-06-2007

Tony356993 wrote:
Quote:At the auto show last w/e, someone asked me what some of the other guys did for a living. My answer was "I do not know & I did not ask". He was shocked that the info was not common knowledge. Part of my RTR fun was hanging out with other p-car fans and leaving my work behind me for a few minutes.

My wife is from North Jersey and one of the 1st questions people ask me in N. NJ social settings is what do I do. Maybe that is why I've learned to "don't ask, don't tell" Wink

Well I suppose you could always say "Unfortunately I Work" Tongue

- 356D - 02-07-2007

Brian Minkin wrote:

Well I suppose you could always say "Unfortunately I Work" Tongue

Or you could try my response.....

"I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me....."Big Grin

Structural Engineer/Project Manager - one of the few I know with a sense of humor, or so I'm told.....

- ccm911 - 02-07-2007

APXD 30 wrote:
Quote:Is this Chris sniffing around for his monthly column topic?
Now be realistic. How can I make CPAs, engineers, IT folks, etc. sound funny? Smile