Riesentöter Forums
2011 RTR Autocross Championship Info - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Autocross (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: 2011 RTR Autocross Championship Info (/showthread.php?tid=2770)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Vytenis - 05-20-2011

I'll be double checking the submitted PPFs and working the abacus this weekend tallying the scores from the previous events.  If you still want to join our RTR championship, it's not too late.  Contact me at rtrautox@hotmail.com as soon as possible.

"V"

- Vytenis - 06-01-2011

The PPFs for participants in the 2011 RTR championship are shown in the attached jpg. Event standings will be updated accordingly. If you change cars, tires, or make performance modifications, let me know & we'll update your PPF.

"V"

6/12/11: Minor tweaks to PPFs

- betegh9 - 06-01-2011

From a club that has 1500+ members we have 12 participants?.......Shame on the club...... members

- Curtis427 - 06-02-2011

I agree...... When you consider the type of person that buys a Porsche you would think more of them would want to compete in a totally safe environment for them and the car.  And really enjoy owning and driving the best racing marquee in the world Wink

- csmith74 - 06-02-2011

betegh9 wrote:
Quote:From a club that has 1500+ members we have 12 participants?.......Shame on the club...... members
SSSsshhhhhh! The fewer competitors there are the better the chances for a slowpoke like me!

- Budman - 06-02-2011

As I've said at Board meetings when I was still on the Board, these events need to be promoted a whole lot better. Depending on this blog/web site calendar and Motorsportreg.com to notify the same 12 folks each event will result in 12 folks participating. Email blasts need to be sent regularly and often to notify the entire membership and to encourage them to attend. Marketing and promotion will make a difference. Offer some ride alongs, offer some prime viewing seating, offer some taste of AX like the DE folks do with their Taste of the Track Program, offer some coaching or free admission for beginners. Some or all of these ideas can only help and aren't costly from a time or money perspective.

Good luck.

Bud

- Vytenis - 06-02-2011

So we can expect to see you at the next autocross? Smile

"V"

- Budman - 06-02-2011

Nope. Can't afford the risk of breaking anything....just bought a place in Florida. And now I'm broke but happy.Big Grin

- betegh9 - 06-02-2011

Budman wrote:
Quote:As I've said at Board meetings when I was still on the Board, these events need to be promoted a whole lot better. Depending on this blog/web site calendar and Motorsportreg.com to notify the same 12 folks each event will result in 12 folks participating. Email blasts need to be sent regularly and often to notify the entire membership and to encourage them to attend. Marketing and promotion will make a difference. Offer some ride alongs, offer some prime viewing seating, offer some taste of AX like the DE folks do with their Taste of the Track Program, offer some coaching or free admission for beginners. Some or all of these ideas can only help and aren't costly from a time or money perspective.

Good luck.

Bud

Yes, and in the past I've tried to entice track junkies into some competition. Some may have gotten pissed off at me because they thought that I was rubbing them the wrong way. IMHO, any car set up for track is also an exellent AX car. There is great comoraderie, banter and socializing. I know that seat time is not the greatest, but it is the ONLY timed competitive event that is safe and if you win, have bragging rights.

- Curtis427 - 06-03-2011

Budman wrote:
Quote:Nope. Can't afford the risk of breaking anything....

Thats one of the great things about Autocross..... I have never broken anything at an Autocross event.

I have had many ideas about how to spend more money on the car to improve it at an event but I don't think that shoud count.