Riesentöter Forums
Performance Friction - 06 compound - Printable Version

+- Riesentöter Forums (https://rtr-pca.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Club Activities (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Driver's Education (https://rtr-pca.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Performance Friction - 06 compound (/showthread.php?tid=2815)

- DJbrand1 - 07-07-2011

Anyone have any experience with the new 06 compound pads from Performance Friction.  Car has 97 compounds in it now and they feel great. However, PF has been slowly discontinuing them and they are getting harder to find.  Supposedly, they fit in between the 97 and 01 compounds and are considered an endurance pad. Thanks!

- Bill Lehman - 07-07-2011

I've been running the 06 for 1-1/2 years on my Cayman S.  They are similar to Pagid Yellows.  Initial bite is less then the Hawk HT-10s I used to run but modulation and release is good.  Low rotor wear and long pad life.  I got 17 days out of the fronts and am still running the original rear pads, now 23 days but will probably change out after this week at NJMP.   I run them down to about 35% of original thickness. 

- betegh9 - 07-10-2011

I run the cheap PORTERFIELD R-4's and they are very similar to the PF you are talking about. I just changed my front rotors that I have put on in 2003....Cool The rears will be changed sometime in 2015.

- Darren - 07-11-2011

Oh stop with the Porterfields.

The 06 is an enduro pad and we use them on our e30 Lemons car.  They wear like steel on that car and work very well.

- DJbrand1 - 07-11-2011

Darren wrote:
Quote:Oh stop with the Porterfields.

The 06 is an enduro pad and we use them on our e30 Lemons car. They wear like steel on that car and work very well.
How's the noise? Are they bearable on the street?

- Darren - 07-11-2011

No idea

- Darren - 07-11-2011

Email Eric Wong at Brakeswap: brakeswap@gmail.com

He should be able to get them.  Tell him I sent ya...

- Bill Lehman - 07-12-2011

The 06 is very noisey on the street, I switch to stock pads if there is much time between events. 

- DJbrand1 - 07-12-2011

Bill Lehman wrote:
Quote:The 06 is very noisey on the street, I switch to stock pads if there is much time between events.
Baaaah. Not the news I was hoping for. The 97's are very livable on the street. I still have a good amount of pad left on those, hopefully will get me through Watkins.

OG racing offered to replace the 06 pads with the 97's if I try them and don't like them, since they didn't have the 97's in stock when I ordered. Great customer service!

Bill, do you have any issues with rotor deposits switching out the 06's for street pads? I avoided it on the 944 because the Pagid pads I had on that and the cheapie street pads did not play well together, and got all kinds of deposits on the rotors.

- Bill Lehman - 07-12-2011

I have not noticed any pad deposit issues however I put many more miles driving to and from and at the track with track pads then I do street driving with stock pads.